The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
If this Superleague was actually going to come into being - 100% - and you were either in or out - then I think under that threat - I can see how our management reached the conclusion to be in.
===
You can question ethics/morality club history - the sense that you must earn your right to play in the top competitions and so forth - but when a well-armed thug comes knocking and demands pay - or else! - how do you respond?
===
Our management isn't blameless for it's decision to join this Superleague - but it's not as if - at all - we wanted this to occur and were actively attempting to bring the Superleague into existence.
===
Actively supporting the league - versus unwilling participants threatened with irrelevancy - are miles apart in terms of culpability.

I'm disappointed that City management lacked the fortitude to reject this league - but I'm sympathetic and can see why they succumbed.

Without doubt as at the end of the day they are business men. So from a business point it's a no brainer when looking at it from a balance sheet.

But no matter how intelligent and how much experience they have, they have massively misjudged what the reaction would be which in turn has damaged their brands which is no surprising as they are billionaires and usually billionaires don't live in the real world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.