The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Can we fuck of with this talk about American sport please. Start an American sports thread please. It's hard enough keeping with this thread let alone having all this American sport shit in here ;)
It's too late. They have invaded our football, now it's bleeding through to the forums.

No he doesn't. They have decided to join the European Super League. I don't want any statement from him trying to sell this to us. We know what it is and it stinks.

Our football clubs have been slowly morphing into businesses over the years. ANd now they've gone all the way.

Sheikh Mansour, and Khaldoon finally killed what MCFC was all about. Pride in your City, loyalty to your father's club, and a family you introduce you children too.

It will go on but it will be an Americanised sport and link between fans and club is truly gone.

I can not wear my shirt or scarf any more and say I am City. We've all been coming to this for a long time. FInally we are here. FOotball is done. And very sad to say that Manchester City were part of the clubs that killed it all off for good.

Some of you will go on for a while longer. But I spent too mich time defending City trying to make out City were different so now I am disillusioned. How can you say to your nephew, niece or your boy, this is why you should support City. It's nothing more than another brand.

We're not rolling this back. The world has moved on. Community, solidarity, loyalty these are values just to be exploited and wheeled on as a stage army to create atmosphere for the camera.
Thank you my blue friend for describing my own feeling far better than I could myself.

This is an abomination.

April 18th 2021: the day the club rolled over for Joel glazer and committed hari kari for him.

Well said, pal. And having plumbed the depths that none of the other members of the dirty dozen have in recent memory, only to fight, drag and claw our way back to the summit, our fanbase is uniquely placed to know and appreciate the importance of the pyramid system and meritocracy, the perils of mismanagement and the potentially glorious rewards of loyalty, of rewards earned on the pitch not in the history books or the balance sheet.
That our owners and execs could be so blithely tone deaf to this unique aspect of our support and the hard yards endured in our lifetimes is staggering. For all their platitudes, they really don’t get us after all
Chelsea were fairly shit 75-85 with some really low crowds.
I suppose that doesn't count as recent memory.

Hello all. Lyon fan here. I have a question, if you may. Why the fuck did your club jump into this giant mess ? I mean, you didn't have any interest to join, and you would be way more comfortable with the like of Bayern and Psg , playing the good guys. You don't have money issues like the debt full Spanish, so what happened ?

Was hopefully around midday that City were going to announce they had pulled out of this ESL. Seems to have gone very quiet now from what I see on here. No press/media tweeter saying anything about City.
Hope I am wrong an City quit before it is really to late
was the same with me mate,i was thinking by 5pm we would hear something but it might be harder than we think to pull out depending on what the club have signed if they have signed anything,might take a day or so

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.