The swathes of empty seats in The Family Stand

There didn't seem to be many empty seats near me. A few late comers but it seemed pretty much full in my bit.

To be honest i think its great what city are doing for the kids. I took my 4 year old boy for the first time last night and he absolutely loved it!! Walking out the ground he asked when he could go again, well hes got 18 games to go this season!!!

Well done City i say, lets give them a bit of praise for once!

Plus the atmosphere was great

i put a post up lastnite very similar to this,thank fck no 1 replied,this poor fckers been hammered lol

From my new seat in 102 East since our eviction order there was a large number of empty seats and also what appeared to be large groups of organised parties ( probably on freebies ) no problem with bringing on our support for the future but to make the entire North Stand a family stand is a bad move and has not been thought through. I imagine that there would of been fans who wanted to go last night but could not a ticket for the north because they did not have a junior to go with leaving empty seats and fed up fans !

guvnors son mcfc said:
From my new seat in 102 East since our eviction order there was a large number of empty seats and also what appeared to be large groups of organised parties ( probably on freebies ) no problem with bringing on our support for the future but to make the entire North Stand a family stand is a bad move and has not been thought through. I imagine that there would of been fans who wanted to go last night but could not a ticket for the north because they did not have a junior to go with leaving empty seats and fed up fans !

There are shitloads of adults without kids in there. There are 3 next to me, 4 in front and a few behind, i did wonder........

glen quagmire said:
guvnors son mcfc said:

There are shitloads of adults without kids in there. There are 3 next to me, 4 in front and a few behind, i did wonder........
My guess is that at some point they will have to revert back, especially if we cannot sell out the family stand and guenuine fans are locked out for big games.

gxblue said:
first time in the family stand moved from EL2 block 207, took my 5 year old and 14 year old got p*ssed wet through walking to the ground, thoroughly enjoyed the game, decent atmosphere, got back to Gee Cross at 11 ish, little lad woke up at 10 this morning.

hello GXBlue ........

I moved into the family stand too this season from EL2 block 207 and really enjoyed the atmosphere in the new family stand. Clearly a Monday evening game will suffer from those who can't bring along their kids ..... my son is 5 and just about managed it, fell asleep in the car on the way home.

The Family Stand is a great idea and the next generation of Blues are being treated well, entertained and more importantly are going to the game every week - how does that compare to your typical rag and his son next door?

Embrace it.

Dad watching his son get his face painted. I asked him if he was paying and he said 'no mate its free and imagine the rags ever doing that'.

Good point well made.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Having previously been critical of the Family Stand idea because it was a disgraceful way to treat fans, I am now advocating an even bigger one after finding that my new seat is near to virtually a whole row of kids who, the gobby ones at least, were barely interested in the game and spent all game talking shite about anything but the actual match going on in front of them.

Stick them all in one massive play pen with a few Playstations and some cuddly toys, I say.

The only positive I can say in favour of these kids were that they talked marginally less shite than the blokes they were with.

On a more serious note, there was definitely a fair number of emtpy seats in the Family stand, for those arguing about whether there was or wasn't.

Wow your posts make me think your more of a tosser each day. And as I go the games with my mum and 10 year old brother we were in the family stand. There were a few empty seats around but the atmosphere was ok better than I expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.