The swathes of empty seats in The Family Stand

first time in the family stand moved from EL2 block 207, took my 5 year old and 14 year old got p*ssed wet through walking to the ground, thoroughly enjoyed the game, decent atmosphere, got back to Gee Cross at 11 ish, little lad woke up at 10 this morning.

Bert Trautmanns Neck Brace said:
I was in 233 with my 8 year old son, having moved this season from 329 in the Colin Bell. To be honest, I saw very few empty seats. I have read with interest all the negative press about the North Stand relocation etc. but all I can say is well done City. With the traffic, it took us 2 hours from Blackpool through some of the worse weather I've ever driven in and I can't say I was in the best mood, but from our arrival everything changed!
There was no smoking that I saw in the stand, my son was entertained with other children by magicians, and spent ages looking at all the pictures etc with which it has been decorated. There was very little swearing, and one fella actually apologised to my son when he swore in excitement! The atmosphere was brilliant, and I for one think its much better than the third tier in the Colin Bell!
Remembering going to football as a kid, clutching on to my dad and feeling intimidated by the whole experience, I can only say my son had a ball and was made to feel special from when he first set foot in the ground today and is looking forward to the Blackburn game!

Top post, heartening to read this :)

Well annoyed, i was trying to buy a season ticket in the family stand, and they told me it had sold out! There was loadsa seats available

There were lots of empty seats there at Kick off and about 10 mins in, but later on it seemed to be full

Not usre if there's an explanation earlier in the thread

Usually there are empty seats in the corners of the third tier. Last night there were none. Also, I know a few people who have paid for a child's ticket with their tickets because they want to stay where they are and it works out cheaper than where they may have relocated to. Without a child to take.

Having previously been critical of the Family Stand idea because it was a disgraceful way to treat fans, I am now advocating an even bigger one after finding that my new seat is near to virtually a whole row of kids who, the gobby ones at least, were barely interested in the game and spent all game talking shite about anything but the actual match going on in front of them.

Stick them all in one massive play pen with a few Playstations and some cuddly toys, I say.

The only positive I can say in favour of these kids were that they talked marginally less shite than the blokes they were with.

On a more serious note, there was definitely a fair number of emtpy seats in the Family stand, for those arguing about whether there was or wasn't.

A lot of the lads that sit near me stay on the concourse drinking beer.

If there's a few like that in each stand then it's going to look like there's empty seats when in reality they are spoken for.

This is all the scum are going on about..."loads of empty seats...you really can't buy class" etc....pisses me off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.