The taste of defeat is back and I like it

kiam06

We've all been guilty of taking our success for granted this includes fans and players alike and defeat yesterday albeit annoying is exactly what the club needed.

This season even at home I can count the number of convincing performances on one hand, often we have been rescued by an individual moment from Aguero and the team has got away with it as a result.

Truth is we have been disjointed for a while now and never replaced the energy and work rate in the team after De Jong and Tevez have left.

Our focus seems to be on bringing in fancy skilful players which is great but when there is no core work rate to back this up we look average at best.

The FFPR haven't helped we all know they were designed to at the very least stall us if not stop us but this summer the club has a real opportunity to get it right both on and off the pitch.

Pellegrini should be treated the correct way and either have his hand shaken in the summer or finish his contract depending on whether a replacement is ready to come in which for me has to be Guardiola we cannot accept second best.

The club needs to remember what brought us to the point we are today it was the hunger and desire to get back to the top and yesterday should serve as a reminder to all that we are not as good or as big as we yet think it had to be earned the hard way.

All being said though I'm convinced our owners will get it right as they simply do not fail in what they do.

Keep the faith blues it will come.

I did say that the recent apathy I have felt as of late is suspiciously close to what I experienced during Psycho's reign. Can't say I prefer it but it is funny to be feeling this again after so long

I've not been comfortable for a while as I think we've been plugging holes. We get over run time after time even by really small teams like Burnley and Palace so how we expect to cope with the likes of Barca is beyond me.

Work rate comes first.

We all know United are long ball merchants with an average side but their work rate yesterday put ours to shame.

I'm not enjoying the taste of defeat at all - not to that lot !

Felt nauseous and anxious after the game yesterday, felt like I had a really heavy weight in my stomach for the rest of the evening, and then had two nightmares about it during the night.
Woke-up hoping it was all a bad dream, then felt awful when I realised it wasn't ... we really had conceded 4 goals to a team we were laughing at only a couple of months ago.

Nope - not enjoying it at all.

Certainly don't like it but as a City supporter for longer than most I cannot say that I have been completely happy during the recent good season or two when having to reveal my club allegiance.

Previously I used to be ready to say 'City' then be prepared for all the insults and other comments coming my way but it was character building.
Our winning streak for the recent successful seasons made me a little embarrassed to reveal the same information, just me not used to expected success I suppose.

The team currently lacks the late Mike Doyle spirit of yesteryear, the very spirit we see in our lower PL opponents.

Perhaps we could have a little of Mike's attitude in our players to balance their undoubted talent.

SilverFox2 said:
Certainly don't like it but as a City supporter for longer than most I cannot say that I have been completely happy during the recent good season or two when having to reveal my club allegiance.

Previously I used to be ready to say 'City' then be prepared for all the insults and other comments coming my way but it was character building.
Our winning streak for the recent successful seasons made me a little embarrassed to reveal the same information, just me not used to expected success I suppose.

The team currently lacks the late Mike Doyle spirit of yesteryear, the very spirit we see in our lower PL opponents.

Perhaps we could have a little of Mike's attitude in our players to balance their undoubted talent.

Suspect we are from a similar era of fans and agree completely with the Mike Doyle comments.

Ooh the taste of defeat is back. Does that come as a surprise?
Didn't you notice the defeat against Boro in the cup, or against Arsenal at our once impregnable fortress, or at Burnley, or at Liverpool or at Palace?
We've had lots of fucking defeats since Christmas.
I don't like the taste of defeat, and more to the point I don't like the way we've done fuck all to address our shortcomings so the number of defeats continues to rise. And I certainly don't like the taste of defeat to that bunch of shit-for-brains, leprosy-ridden, celebrating like they've won the cup bastards. especially while mingling with them after the game.
If you like the taste of losing a derby then football is the wrong sport for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.