The taste of defeat is back and I like it

kiam06 said:
Let me clarify the reason I 'like it' isn't because I don't are I had to face an army of armchair rags at work today it's because it was the final straw to sort this crap out and a warning to our hierarchy and players that will remain that they need to step up and start producing the goods.

We've won all the important derbies of the last few years let's be honest if you could give them one it would've been yesterday when we weren't expected to win.
Bullshit - we needed to win to put them back in their place. No way should we EVER give them a win

I only agree with the OP in the sense that I have a weird character flaw in that if things are bad I think they may as well be really bad.

Sod grey. Give me black and white every time.

I suppose thats why I started supporting this wonderful all-or-nothing club in the first place.

This wasn't even defeat it was a gift. For 20 minutes we showed them the exact team we should be and then for whatever reason decided that was enough and for 70 minutes didn't play. That was the difference. I don't think we were defeated it was more akin to just letting them win.

If anything is a kick up the arse though it is humiliation in the place you simply do not want to be humiliated.

nw42 said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
Ban-jani said:
I certainly don't like it but the worse City do the more I want to be a part of it and go for some reason.

It's taken me a while to really get back into after winning the league last term but this run of poor results has given me more interest.

Don't get me wrong I was loving it and really interested in the two league title run-ins but I'm more of a City fan when we do badly if that makes sense.

As gutted as I was yesterday it doesn't hurt like it used to, nowhere near as much. It was their cup final and we all know how it feels to land a rare derby victory, let the giddy twats get on with it.[/quote]

This attitude is the problem FFS !! For the past two years it's been their Cup Final. It wasn't before and if we're not careful it won't be soon. Because we have the financial clout it's generally believed any shortcomings are temporary. This season should plainly show we can't rely on this mindset.

On that glorious day in 2012 (on goal difference) did we anticipate United doing us so easily the following year?

When Liverpool fucked up last year did we anticipate the piss poor reaction this year?

We're much worse off this minute and we all are sure Pep is coming and we'll be doing great again before we know it. We're as bad as the Rags we despise for being so arrogant. We all hurt so much for it to be so we are losing sight of the fact it might not be.

after all those years as a CITY fan,I'm not enjoying the taste of defeat ..... but i was here,when we were shit.....and i don't give a shit for all those glory hunters!

plattlaneregular said:

As gutted as I was yesterday it doesn't hurt like it used to, nowhere near as much. It was their cup final and we all know how it feels to land a rare derby victory, let the giddy twats get on with it.[/quote]

This attitude is the problem FFS !! For the past two years it's been their Cup Final. It wasn't before and if we're not careful it won't be soon. Because we have the financial clout it's generally believed any shortcomings are temporary. This season should plainly show we can't rely on this mindset.

On that glorious day in 2012 (on goal difference) did we anticipate United doing us so easily the following year?

When Liverpool fucked up last year did we anticipate the piss poor reaction this year?

We're much worse off this minute and we all are sure Pep is coming and we'll be doing great again before we know it. We're as bad as the Rags we despise for being so arrogant. We all hurt so much for it to be so we are losing sight of the fact it might not be.

I've been saying all along too many on here act like the rags have been doing for so long. Being more selfconfident quickly truns in to arrogant an spoiled-like behaviour apparently. How can one say it's their cupfinal amazes me. They, like Chelsea, Arsenal and probably even Liverpool, have the power and worldwide attraction to sit around for much longer than the few years we have been breaking up this so called "top 4". Getting to the top is difficult, staying there is much more difficult. To try and get bigger and more attractive to European established teams doesn't take 4/5 years, it probably takes more than 10. We need to understand we are not a no-brain choice for most footballplayers. And even by the time we might be as big a team as any of the usual suspects I sincerely hope we still know where we come from and act accordingly. I see and read too many crying out babies that wants a manager sacked after a few losses or players sold when they don't perform, even asking the captain to hand over him armband (wtf), or act like spoiled bratts when somehow we miss out on great players (on paper) as if they actually can decide what the sheik should do with his money. We are City, and we need to know where we stand to make any progress. Club and fans. We are not a topclub and winning the PL twice doesn't change that. It does help though ...

McfcMK said:
Losing I'm fine with, it's the players being lazy c**ts, the manager being a stubborn c**t and the director of football bringing all these c**ts together at our club.
+1

This exactly what happened when in Mancini's last season, swap the grafters for more "refined" players, we have been missing that steal, people who are willing to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag the team to the finish line.

You look at some of the players we've had in the title winning seasons who are no longer with us, Nigel de Jong, Micah Richards, Alvaro Negredo, Joleon Lescott, to a lesser extent Javi Garcia who was swapped for Fernando, which is no upgrade as far as I can see.

The players we have at the moment who should be able to do it, Kompany and Zabaleta, haven't performed to their high standards this year.

When we have succeeded in the 4-4-2, we've always had a sitter in midfield and we've also had someone who'd work their knackers off up front.

2011-12 upfront we had Tevez in the run in, helped push us over, in midfield de Jong and Barry were rotated

2013-14 upfront we had Negredo who didn't let the oppo defenders have a second on the ball, in midfield we had Fernandinho who was one of the standout purchases of the season

in the 12/13 season and this season, we had Tevez who didn't look interested as he wanted to leave, Barry was one year older and at least 3 or 4 yards slower, this is season we've have Dzeko, who whilst being good with the ball, wont put a shift in, and in midfield Fernandinho has had no support whatsoever from his midfield partner so it shows we do need at least one ball breaker in the team without him we look one dimensional, predictable and at times lethargic as there is no energy in the team.

Lucky Toma said:
I only agree with the OP in the sense that I have a weird character flaw in that if things are bad I think they may as well be really bad.

Sod grey. Give me black and white every time.

I suppose thats why I started supporting this wonderful all-or-nothing club in the first place.

I agree with Toma here.

Give me one or the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.