The taste of defeat is back and I like it

Losing I'm fine with, it's the players being lazy c**ts, the manager being a stubborn c**t and the director of football bringing all these c**ts together at our club.

McfcMK said:
Losing I'm fine with, it's the players being lazy c**ts, the manager being a stubborn c**t and the director of football bringing all these c**ts together at our club.

I agree ....when we were shit we had ordinary players who were not good enough....we now have a squad that should be 15 points better off than we are.....the players are just soft and spoilt and cannot work hard when they do not have the ball......they have had everything given to them on a silver platter....great wages and they repay us with crap performances week in and week out since New Year....

Most of them can fuck off this Summer......manager, Txiki and all the players bar 6 or 7

I certainly don't like it but the worse City do the more I want to be a part of it and go for some reason.

It's taken me a while to really get back into after winning the league last term but this run of poor results has given me more interest.

Don't get me wrong I was loving it and really interested in the two league title run-ins but I'm more of a City fan when we do badly if that makes sense.

Ban-jani said:
I certainly don't like it but the worse City do the more I want to be a part of it and go for some reason.

It's taken me a while to really get back into after winning the league last term but this run of poor results has given me more interest.

Don't get me wrong I was loving it and really interested in the two league title run-ins but I'm more of a City fan when we do badly if that makes sense.

Might be something to do with the feeling of exclusivity. When we we dropped to the 2nd division, you sort of looked around at other fans and thought 'they must be fucking mad like me' It takes no effort to support champions, it takes much more to support a dweller of a team. It's a funny psychology. My interest is always with the underdog, in any situation. City being so good now and champs, it hasn't felt quite right. Not that I want them to fail! But the gloss has gone to an eggshell say. We are really only underdogs on paper to a few teams outside our league.

Marvin said:
SlivaNgoals said:
Some people need to calm the fuck down and read what he's actually saying. I'm not going to decipher it for you but his point is really well made. It's time for a reality check from fans and players alike.
I think you need to re-read it.

Derby "defeat yesterday albeit annoying is exactly what the club needed."

What kind of rubbish is that and you say we should re-read it. What is wrong with some people?

FFS Give the guy a break, it has been taken well out of context. I can see what he is getting at. It could be a blessing in disguise and be the straw what broke the camel's back. If we had won yesterday, the club might think we have had a temp blip and carry on regardless but I think it it plain to see after yesterday that fresh impetus is required throughout the club. We seem to have a lack of continuity throughout the club, some brave and bold decisions are going to have to be made this summer and we might have to be prepared for a turbulent couple of years to get us back to the summit. Just look how Mourinho galvanised Chelsea after they had a rocky couple of years, we need to hit the jackpot in installing the next manager (If and when Pellers departs)

TangerineSteve17 said:
Ban-jani said:

Might be something to do with the feeling of exclusivity. When we we dropped to the 2nd division, you sort of looked around at other fans and thought 'they must be fucking mad like me' It takes no effort to support champions, it takes much more to support a dweller of a team. It's a funny psychology. My interest is always with the underdog, in any situation. City being so good now and champs, it hasn't felt quite right. Not that I want them to fail! But the gloss has gone to an eggshell say. We are really only underdogs on paper to a few teams outside our league.

I relate to both your posts lads, in fact the last time I attended games with any sort of regularity was in the 2nd division, I'd done the mid 70's to late 80's week in week out, then drifted away a bit for a few years but felt immediately drawn back at the darkest times, did about 10 aways that season(not including York), mainly night games due to working Saturdays but I just felt that my club needed me and I had to turn out. Didn't do so many games once we were back on the up, it was just that one season.

As gutted as I was yesterday it doesn't hurt like it used to, nowhere near as much. It was their cup final and we all know how it feels to land a rare derby victory, let the giddy twats get on with it.

TangerineSteve17 said:
Ban-jani said:

That's it mate really.

It's a sort of "well I'm going to show the fuckers" whenever we get stick for doing badly.

I've always had a season ticket but I was going for the sake of it at the beginning of this season, now I'm excited for West Ham Sunday.

I think it sums it up when the only season I can remember going to every single home game, league and cup, without once passing my ticket on to someone else, was that 06-07 season with only 10 league goals at home.

I felt like the club needed me there and was going to prove a point.

Don't get me wrong though the feeling of winning our four recent trophies has been unbelievable, truly amazing, but I also loved to associate myself as the underdog.

Nothing tasted like those 2 CSKA defeats way back when.

Didn't like it then and knew there was gonna be a lot more of it on our plate this season.

Adversity.

We've always been fucking brilliant at it. Let's not forget that.

kiam06 said:
We've all been guilty of taking our success for granted this includes fans and players alike and defeat yesterday albeit annoying is exactly what the club needed.

This season even at home I can count the number of convincing performances on one hand, often we have been rescued by an individual moment from Aguero and the team has got away with it as a result.

Truth is we have been disjointed for a while now and never replaced the energy and work rate in the team after De Jong and Tevez have left.

Our focus seems to be on bringing in fancy skilful players which is great but when there is no core work rate to back this up we look average at best.

The FFPR haven't helped we all know they were designed to at the very least stall us if not stop us but this summer the club has a real opportunity to get it right both on and off the pitch.

Pellegrini should be treated the correct way and either have his hand shaken in the summer or finish his contract depending on whether a replacement is ready to come in which for me has to be Guardiola we cannot accept second best.

The club needs to remember what brought us to the point we are today it was the hunger and desire to get back to the top and yesterday should serve as a reminder to all that we are not as good or as big as we yet think it had to be earned the hard way.

All being said though I'm convinced our owners will get it right as they simply do not fail in what they do.

Keep the faith blues it will come.

Fancy skillful players? Ahaha. Which ones? Dont say Silva and Aguero. I think you meant absolute dross or perhaps middling journeymen

East Level 2 said:
Ooh the taste of defeat is back. Does that come as a surprise?
Didn't you notice the defeat against Boro in the cup, or against Arsenal at our once impregnable fortress, or at Burnley, or at Liverpool or at Palace?
We've had lots of fucking defeats since Christmas.
I don't like the taste of defeat, and more to the point I don't like the way we've done fuck all to address our shortcomings so the number of defeats continues to rise. And I certainly don't like the taste of defeat to that bunch of shit-for-brains, leprosy-ridden, celebrating like they've won the cup bastards. especially while mingling with them after the game.
If you like the taste of losing a derby then football is the wrong sport for you.

couldn't have put it better myself. this season has been a disaster. losing to teams such us stoke, burnley, west ham, middlesborough and palace in the same season is nothing short of abysmal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.