The team next year.

Hart

Zab Manolas Kompany Rodriguez

Fernandinho Pogba

Nasri Silva Reus

Aguero

+ Sterling if we let Nasri go..
Strootman or Koke if Pogba is out of reach.

Whatever the team is going to be my opinion is the manager needs to be in place/decided asap. So he can bring in players who fit his system. The problem has been this season although it was stated by Pellers that we had two good players for every position. He plays 4-4-2 and when I try and pick a team for 4-4-2 I can't get one good team out of it. I can make an ok team but not one that would go into every league game as strong favourites or push us to the semi/final or Champions League. Whatever I try I always end up short of 2-3 players especially in midfield where 4-4-2 usually relies on 4 reliable, hardworking, fit and willing midfield players.

I think Dzeko, Yaya, Nasri, Kolorov should be moved on along with Fernando, Jovetic, Navas as we could get decent money for those.
But whoever we buy must be more of a managers choice, it may seems old fashioned but I would hate to be a manager (although the money would be nice) and not have a massive say on who we buy. Imagine a manager turning up and finding most of the transfer budget had been wasted on Phil Jones, Fabian Delph and Roberto Soldardo.

So my opinion is decide manager first, then get him players who fit in his preferred system. I don't think me or my liver could take another season of square pegs in round holes.

To be honest I'd like to see the following team stride out over the white line next season for city.

Gk: Hart

DF: Zaba, Kompany, Mangala, David Alaba

MF: Fernando Fernandinho, silva De Bruyne or Pogba

ST: Aguero, Bony.
Subs: Caballero, Lopes, Clichy, Demichelis, Denayer, Barker, Zuculini.

Sell: Nasri, Yaya, Navas, Dzeko, Jovetic, Kolarov.

Milner gone on a free and Lampard off to the USA.

Who'd be the manager next season - not got a clue but I think that team would have a good mix of experience and youth to see us through the next few seasons.

................. hart ............

?.......... ? ........... Kompany ?............

?............ ?.......... silva ? ............

? ........ aguero

thats what on my paper right now the rest can fuck off I would play the youth

Zabaleta is finished at this level. He has been awful all season and hasn't got the pace anymore either offensively or defensively. It's a shame to say it as he is a legend but there is no room for sentiment.

We need two new full backs, a new central defender, at least three midfielders/wingers and another forward.

Huge job.

MMM team next year................................. Real Madrid or Barcelona that should do it for us come sheik buy them and bring them to Manchester!!!

ancoats said:

? ........ aguero

The players I'd keep are -

Hart
Zaba
Mangala
Kompany
Denayer
Clichy
Fernandinho
Bryan
Silva
Lopes
Barker
Bony
Aguero

Manchester_lalala said:
ancoats said:

? ........ aguero

The players I'd keep are -

Hart
Zaba
Mangala
Kompany
Denayer
Clichy
Fernandinho
Bryan
Silva
Lopes
Barker
Bony
Aguero

new left and right backs

4 new midfield players

2 new wingers

1 striker

a total clean out is needed and the youth players MUST be played
THERE IS NOTHING MORE SAD THAN SEEING PLAYERS PLAYING WITH NO HEART

THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN SEEING A YOUTH PLAYING GIVING HIS ALL

the only players out of the current squad i would keep are:

hart

zabba, sagna, clichy

mangala, kompany mdm

fernandihnio silva Jovetic(*)

aguero Bon(y**)

* i know jovetic is a very contentious one but in a different system/approach he could be a very good player*

** as a player i think he is decent but I'm not sure he fit into where we are now or where we could possibly go in the future**

certainly need to be sold in order of first out the door:

kolorov, milner, yaya, nasri dzeko, cabellero

3-4 "crack" players with Pogba being the biggest/most important.....

without a replacement for yaya/ or a player like pogba or a different midfield approach we will struggle next season. it is a HUGE season for the people making the decisions and those responsible for convincing players to join the pub...combine that with managerial change and its going to be a very very importnant summer - probably the most important since the fist one after the take over

I'm absolutely livid after today. Not because we lost to the scumbags who I hate the most, but because of those players who don't even care.

After they scored the 4th, Joe Hart was attempting to try to put some fight back into the game, meanwhile our captain at the time was nowhere to be seen. Look at our squad now, and behonest with yourself, don't let ability or personal favouritism blind your decision, are there any City players who even give a toss about this club. In my opinion, I see three; Joe Hart, Pablo Zabaleta and Vincent Kompany. The likes of Kun and Jimmy Milner try hard most of the time, but is for themselves?

Now I appreciate that it's impossible to get 25 players who bleed blue as the three above and the fans do, but half of our lads were disinterested when we as fans we needed them most, and have been missing throughout this disappointing season.

We cannot blame this defeat on Pellegrini. The season, yes, but not this defeat. He picked the right team, and that team should've beat the rags today.

Therefore for me, I would appoint a manager like Diego Simeone, despite what football he plays. He has turned Atletico into a team together against the world. Now I'm aware that Tixki wants us to play nice football, and to go about being a 'nice' 'holistic' club, but to be perfectly honest, I couldn't give two shits. I'd rather see some passion on the field, a winners mentality, a never give up attitude. This is what Simeone instills into his teams, and won't accept overpaid wankers who don't care about the cause, ambling around the field, not giving 110%. I'd let go of Tixki in the summer, along with Manuel, and those players who no longer care about this team. Bring in a manger of Simeone's ilk, and let him build the team how he wants, because the nice football comes afterwards, this club needs passion at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.