The thing that hurts is they were the worst Arsenal team....

bluecityste said:
Completely agree Chris.

Yesterday I was left COMPLETELY underwelmed by Arsenal, infact I was actually disapointed that they seemed incapable of playing progressive or incisive football. When it comes to watching games not involving City I would, in the past, always try and watch an Arsenal game - however this season when up against a team with any guile or class they do not seem to be the same.

Fabregas aside not one of their players would get into the Chelsea or our team.
Nasri, sure he is a good player and full of confidence but he, as stated above, would not get in our team ahead of the players listed above.

Despite having a man disadvantage for 89 minutes we created more (or atleast equal) genuine goalscoring opportunities...obviously Arsenal had the lions share of possesion and had more shots on goal (ALOT of which were routine efforts) but that would be expected in the situation...unfortunately it was one of those days where we couldn't seem to take our chances and Arsenal took almost all of theirs.

Re the Arsenal fans above, I think CTID Chris more than anything probably felt the same as me with regards to Arsenal - unimpressed - and thinks that your assesment of your own players is in all honesty over the top. One of our worst players over the past 18 months, Richards, was made to look good by your left side...and that takes some doing! ;)

Before the sending off there was only a look of fear in one sets of players eyes, and it certainly wasn't in the City players!

Anyway, to summise, I hope you finish above United and Spurs but if we carry on playing the way that we have been and slowly show improvements over the coming months I can't see you finishing above us come May. I also hope that Arsene sorts your team out and gets them playing good football again, just not too good!

Think you need to watch our Champions League games, the Chelsea game, The Bolton game. Arsenal played well there.

I mean people were saying the same last season. We just have to wait until the end of the season. We have had four tricky away games so far (You, Chelsea, Liverpool, Blackburn, Sunderland) so I am glad to be 2nd in the table.

gooney said:
manimanc said:
so let me get this right,we got all these gooners on bluemoon giving it the big i am and nasri is world class etc..after beating us,with 10 men,3-0? hahahaha excuse whilst i change my pants i`ve just pissed,to me it represents an important victory,a big scalp,a huge win in a six pointer because if it didn`t,in my opinion,all these cockneys wouldn`t even be on here celebrating and wooping it up..You see fellas,it`s a waste of time getting giddy beating a team of ten men handsomely when you can`t beat 11 men baggies on your own facking manor....just wanted to give you something to chew on fellas,now fack off and get back to your street party....
lol you are the ones who's starting all these anti arsenal threads on how bad we are, and you think we should just say, yes you are right. The bitterness is from you guys with all the we dominated the game before the sending of.....it was blody 4 mins gone when he got sent off
i didn`t say nothing and if you read my response i was saying you are all getting carried away with the result in my opinion,i said in another post that i like wenger and think arsenal play it the right way,pass and move,simple but effective football. I could understand if you beat us fair and square with 11 v 11 but come on mate,put the party poppers down and get real,the giddy-o-meter is going off the scale....

Fabianski said:
manimanc said:
so let me get this right,we got all these gooners on bluemoon giving it the big i am and nasri is world class etc..after beating us,with 10 men,3-0? hahahaha excuse whilst i change my pants i`ve just pissed,to me it represents an important victory,a big scalp,a huge win in a six pointer because if it didn`t,in my opinion,all these cockneys wouldn`t even be on here celebrating and wooping it up..You see fellas,it`s a waste of time getting giddy beating a team of ten men handsomely when you can`t beat 11 men baggies on your own facking manor....just wanted to give you something to chew on fellas,now fack off and get back to your street party....

Of course its a big game we that aswell as anyone, as soon as you got all that money you were going ot becume a big team. Chelsea showed money buys you success its just a matter of time as to when that happens but we can do out best for now to challenge you and you havnt over taken us yet and if we can keep on adding little bits here and there to our squad we should be able to compete with your finacial muscle

getting a bit sick of this we and chelsea are buying sucesss and you don't.
out of your current squad
nasri
arshavin
vermaelen
kos(whatever his name is)
sagna
walcott
ramsey
rosicky
rvp
almunia

all big money cetainly compared to the rest of the prem outside the big 6
so all this holy and thou doesn't wash

and that's not including those who have come and gone ade,edurado,henry etc

gooney said:
CTID Chris said:
I'm not disagreeing with that, he would be ahead of AJ imo.

However Milner does a lot more for the team (a lot of City fans don't get this). With his versatility, I think he is more valuable than Nasri.
the thing is nasri is similar in that aspect, he does alot of tracking back and general midfield play. You see some arsenal fans prefering walcott as they just see the directness and lets be honest when it comes off for johnson and walcott, they are exciting as hell. But as players they are far more incomplete than the likes of nasri/millner which is why their managers prefer them

Changing the course of the topic from slagging off Arsenal slightly, but I don't think AJ or Walcott are going to be good enough, for their teams or their country.

No matter how anyone tries to defend him, Walcott isn't an intelligent player and is ineffective against good defences. He does not fit into the passing game of Arsenal either, just like Alves sticks out like a sore thumb for Barca.

City will always have a player better than AJ. He isn't making the right decisions, and his dribbling doesn't work against good teams. Even against weak teams (e.g Blackpool), he goes missing for half (or more) of the game. Hopefully he will learn a lot this season, as he can still be a useful player for us. Just because he does a bit of dribbling every so often doesn't make him World Class, just like when Walcott runs past a weak defender to score.

I can't wait for someone to let me know AJ is the best player in the world as he did a step-over once.

Scooby Blue said:
Maybe slight exaggeration in the OP headline...but I certainly wasn't overly impressed by Arsenal yesterday.

Worst player on the pitch was Djourou (lost nearly every one-on-one vs a City attacker) and Arshavin was a shadow of the player that joined Arsenal.

For all the talk of the "arsenal" style... what struck me was how little quality passing football they were able to get going vs 10 men. Loads of possession by aimlessly knocking ball around on half-way line in 2nd half vs a knackered City team... but very little quality.

Even Clichy (who I used to really rate) has gone backwards over last two seasons.

If you offered me Arsenal's starting 11 from yesterday's game: I would take Fabregas (obviously) , Clichy + Sagna (much better than our crappy full-backs until maybe Kolarov shows he is the answer) + maybe Nasri (who has improved a lot this season).

The game reminded me of when we beat Chelsea 4-2 away last season after they ended up with 9 men. It felt really good to take 3 points from such a difficult fixture but I wasn't fooled into thinking we were really a better side than them.

Message to Arsenal fans: enjoy the 3 points but don't think that you will automatically be above us at the end of the season.

Just wondering, where would you fit Nasri in?

And I think you're being a bit generous there, including Clichy!!

Fabianski said:
manimanc said:

Of course its a big game we that aswell as anyone, as soon as you got all that money you were going ot becume a big team. Chelsea showed money buys you success its just a matter of time as to when that happens but we can do out best for now to challenge you and you havnt over taken us yet and if we can keep on adding little bits here and there to our squad we should be able to compete with your finacial muscle
...erm...ok...must make sense to you unless my keyboard hasn`t got that cockney language key like yours...bless!!!!

tonea2003 said:
nasri
arshavin
vermaelen
sagna
walcott
ramsey
rosicky
rvp
almunia

Compared to the teams we have been competing with its peanuts. For the price you paid for Lescott we got all three of our center halves (squidliachy, Vermaelen and Kos). The likes of Ramsey, Sagna, Almunia were all a few mill, just a couple of bob in the grand scheme of things.
We never said we dont spend money, of course we do but we spend it wisely and dont pay over the odds, hence waiting to get Chamakh on a free and not getting Arhsavin when they wanted 20+ for him. Compare our net spending and im sure we are in the bottom half of the table with regards to net spending.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:06 pm --<br /><br />
manimanc said:
Fabianski said:
...erm...ok...must make sense to you unless my keyboard hasn`t got that cockney language key like yours...bless!!!!

*we know that aswell as anyone.

Better? Or is it simple time in manc land?

Fabianski said:
tonea2003 said:
nasri
arshavin
vermaelen
sagna
walcott
ramsey
rosicky
rvp
almunia

Compared to the teams we have been competing with its peanuts. For the price you paid for Lescott we got all three of our center halves (squidliachy, Vermaelen and Kos). The likes of Ramsey, Sagna, Almunia were all a few mill, just a couple of bob in the grand scheme of things.
We never said we dont spend money, of course we do but we spend it wisely and dont pay over the odds, hence waiting to get Chamakh on a free and not getting Arhsavin when they wanted 20+ for him. Compare our net spending and im sure we are in the bottom half of the table with regards to net spending.

Yup. Net spending:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transferleague.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transferleague.co.uk/</a>

Not that is matters. Still that City fan having a go at Arsenal for big spending is a bit rich...

Fabianski said:
tonea2003 said:
nasri
arshavin
vermaelen
sagna
walcott
ramsey
rosicky
rvp
almunia

We never said we dont spend money, of course we do but we spend it wisely and dont pay over the odds, hence waiting to get Chamakh on a free and not getting Arhsavin when they wanted 20+ for him. Compare our net spending and im sure we are in the bottom half of the table with regards to net spending.

i never said you don't balance your books and its not about how much you pay
its the fact that you do and big when required and this bollocks about bringing
all through the ranks perception

we do it just as well as you in that respect.
and not all our spend is big, look at johnson, kompany, ndj,given,bridge and boateng(might be stretching it a bit)

by the way 5 mill each for two 17 year olds is not a few bob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.