The thing that hurts is they were the worst Arsenal team....

Some of the posts in here concerning Arsenal's side are embarrassing. Arsenal are a great side, and along with Barca, the one team in the world that id hate city to be up against for 90 minutes with 10 men. A fault of Arsenal's is often that its all pass pass pass and no end product, but against ten men, making your opponent chase shadows is always going to take its toll in the end. They have some fantastic footballers, but often come up short in the more physical, high intensity games, and again, I think this is where they'll end up coming up short again. I think for all their wonderful footballers, Arsene will have to bite the bullet eventually and start buying a few players like Milner, comfortable enough on the ball, but essentially a grafter against the likes of Stoke. I was impressed by our spirit yesterday, but I thought (and was very surprised) we were a little bit naive after we went down to 10 (which is unlike Mancini). We were a bit too positive and got caught out; I think we should of approached the game like Liverpool did in the first game against Arsenal whereby they essentially played as the away side, soaking everything up and hopefully nicking a goal on the counter. As it happened, we bravely went out to go and win the game after going down to 10, and up until the second goal, I thought we were well worth a point.

The season is 38 games long, and theres a lot of twists and turns yet (for both sides), Arsenal are obviously very happy with the 3 points, but I think a lot of them are looking far too much into it. As everyone knows, theres not one football fan who isnt fickle, so let them have their week of praising Fabianski and co, before he makes another howler and theyre complaining that the lack of a keeper will cost them a title shot. Ive never had any problems with Arsenal and theyre a great side to watch; hopefully the game at the Emirates will be less hostile and an 11vs11 game, because for the most part, the pace of the two sides was terrific yesterday.

Mattyc55 said:
Some of the posts in here concerning Arsenal's side are embarrassing. Arsenal are a great side, and along with Barca, the one team in the world that id hate city to be up against for 90 minutes with 10 men. A fault of Arsenal's is often that its all pass pass pass and no end product, but against ten men, making your opponent chase shadows is always going to take its toll in the end. They have some fantastic footballers, but often come up short in the more physical, high intensity games, and again, I think this is where they'll end up coming up short again. I think for all their wonderful footballers, Arsene will have to bite the bullet eventually and start buying a few players like Milner, comfortable enough on the ball, but essentially a grafter against the likes of Stoke. I was impressed by our spirit yesterday, but I thought (and was very surprised) we were a little bit naive after we went down to 10 (which is unlike Mancini). We were a bit too positive and got caught out; I think we should of approached the game like Liverpool did in the first game against Arsenal whereby they essentially played as the away side, soaking everything up and hopefully nicking a goal on the counter. As it happened, we bravely went out to go and win the game after going down to 10, and up until the second goal, I thought we were well worth a point.

The season is 38 games long, and theres a lot of twists and turns yet (for both sides), Arsenal are obviously very happy with the 3 points, but I think a lot of them are looking far too much into it. As everyone knows, theres not one football fan who isnt fickle, so let them have their week of praising Fabianski and co, before he makes another howler and theyre complaining that the lack of a keeper will cost them a title shot. Ive never had any problems with Arsenal and theyre a great side to watch; hopefully the game at the Emirates will be less hostile and an 11vs11 game, because for the most part, the pace of the two sides was terrific yesterday.
Good post, but we really are not, its more like people are saying hey dont be happy about winning away against city, you have no chance anyway. Not to sound arrogant, but we have been involved in few races before, and we know the twist and turns of a PL season at the top. The only thing we are delighted with is Fabianski, a man that was seen the worst keeper in the league, who in the arsenal forum got the least votes on who should be our nr 1 and people even preferring two youngsters ahead of him is actually making saves now,,,,,I never thought the day Fabianski would make a game changing save would come

Mattyc55 - What makes you think Arsenal are such a good side ? Would you be happy if we achieved in the next 5 years what they have in the last 5 ?

Fabianski said:
But you would of watched us on match of the day or maybe at most sky sports. Players who you call crap like Song and Clichy are actualy very very good but are I admit out of form at the moment so that would of been highlighted in what you saw. If the team is so average and crap how have they managed to battle it out to second in table and you cant say we havnt played any big teams yet.

Undeserved point away at Sunderland, 3 points away at City vs 10 men.

I think just those 4 points have made a bit of difference.

Song and Clichy may be out of form, but I think Gibbs is a better left back than Clichy, and Song wouldn't get into our 25-man squad at all.

it shows how far we have come they didn,t celebrate that much when they lifted the title at anfield and old trafford, i,have a soft spot for arsenal fans? it is called a swamp in belize?

CTID Chris said:
Fabianski said:
But you would of watched us on match of the day or maybe at most sky sports. Players who you call crap like Song and Clichy are actualy very very good but are I admit out of form at the moment so that would of been highlighted in what you saw. If the team is so average and crap how have they managed to battle it out to second in table and you cant say we havnt played any big teams yet.

Undeserved point away at Sunderland, 3 points away at City vs 10 men.

I think just those 4 points have made a bit of difference.

Song and Clichy may be out of form, but I think Gibbs is a better left back than Clichy, and Song wouldn't get into our 25-man squad at all.

I wouldnt say it was undeserved against Sunderland. I think we were good for the point, had we got all three it would of been underserved. You keep banging on about us beating you with 10 men and it really is coming across as you being bitter. Your player was rightly sent off, what did you want us to do? Say "oh no chaps thats just not cricket we shall play with 11 v 11 to make it fair keep him on the pitch". We took advantage of a rightful sending off, got 3 points and it put is into 2nd place. Not to mention the fact that people always say title winners grind out points even when not playing well. Fact is we are second, we have played at Anfield, Stamford bridge and now eastlands and are still in a good place to mount a title challenge with even better players to come back.
I agree with you about Clichy, when hes good he is immense but he has been making mistakes for two long and I would rather see Gibbs there. He is an amazing talent and could really be a player to finally challenge Ashley Cole to that England left back position.
Song of last season would of easily got in your squad, Song of this season needs to buck up his ideas and stop roaming foward and realise he is playing the defensive mid job not trying to be a Messi type player.

gooney said:
Mattyc55 said:

Good post, but we really are not, its more like people are saying hey dont be happy about winning away against city, you have no chance anyway. Not to sound arrogant, but we have been involved in few races before, and we know the twist and turns of a PL season at the top. The only thing we are delighted with is Fabianski, a man that was seen the worst keeper in the league, who in the arsenal forum got the least votes on who should be our nr 1 and people even preferring two youngsters ahead of him is actually making saves now,,,,,I never thought the day Fabianski would make a game changing save would come

Not talking about you in particular, mostly some of the bile ive read on 606 and that awful Arsenal Mania, but as we all know, the internet is littered with idiots and children, so you might well be right. Im not saying you dont have a chance, as to be honest, I dont think theres much in it between the top 4 or 5 in the premiership, with Chelsea clearly having the best eleven, and barring injuries id expect them to win it quite comfortably. I think if you can keep Cesc fit all season you'll be there or thereabouts come march/april, but its obviously its all ifs and buts at this stage of the season. You look excellent when you get it right, but I just think Chelsea are much less prone to the likes of the 3-2 loss of West Brom that City, Spurs and even United could also both fall victim too without a lot of people being surprised. As a poster said earlier on, i think it'll be close between 2nd-5th but I dont expect either of us to win the title. I fancy you for the carling cup and another CL run though.

Mattyc55 said:
gooney said:

Not talking about you in particular, mostly some of the bile ive read on 606 and that awful Arsenal Mania, but as we all know, the internet is littered with idiots and children, so you might well be right. Im not saying you dont have a chance, as to be honest, I dont think theres much in it between the top 4 or 5 in the premiership, with Chelsea clearly having the best eleven, and barring injuries id expect them to win it quite comfortably. I think if you can keep Cesc fit all season you'll be there or thereabouts come march/april, but its obviously its all ifs and buts at this stage of the season. You look excellent when you get it right, but I just think Chelsea are much less prone to the likes of the 3-2 loss of West Brom that City, Spurs and even United could also both fall victim too without a lot of people being surprised. As a poster said earlier on, i think it'll be close between 2nd-5th but I dont expect either of us to win the title. I fancy you for the carling cup and another CL run though.

Excellent post and I would agree with all that. I think the top 4 will stand as it is with City, United and Arsenal all trading places for the various spots. I agree about the stupid comments you get on fan sites + 606 but your getting it on here as well with some bitterness directed at Arsenal and calling the entire team crap (Fabregas excluded). Your obviously an exception.

Fabianski says worst site out there is online gooner but not for how they react to other fans but to there own players. On there Wenger is a **** who they cant wait to get rid of and every player is useless and anyone who disagree's is a JCL

All they lack is a top quality keeper. They have the top end Premier league experience that we lack at the moment, and whilst we did well considering the man light, they knew how to play us. We will run them close though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.