The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Pep it may well take 96 points to win this year. That would mean Liverpool would have to win all their remaining 15 games and that would have to be some run. Unlikely imho.
For us to get to 96 we need to win 12 out of 14 which would allow 2 losses.

Our 2 losses so far were against Spurs opening game with key players missing and Palace where a sending off effected us. Two Saints draws.......how did they manage that and the draw at Anfield.

It will be close and the next 7 games are key.

Who will United fans support when we play the dippers in the title showdown ? Their hated eternal rivals or the little irrelevant neighbours who they couldn’t care less about. 99% Will cheer on the mickeys.
I would think it would be the other way round to be honest. Every rag I know hates Liverpool more than they hate us. Who cares anyway. They need to be more worried about their own side. I’m not sure why the panic increases on the back of a routine Liverpool win against a side that 95% of people would have expected them to beat.

That sounds like something they may have been saying about us a decade or so ago. It really is nice to see how far they've fallen.

Someone asked me the other night about how many points we were ahead and I didn't have a clue. They are about as relevant in our thinking as Brentford were - try to get 3 points, move on to the next game, no idea what the table looks like below the top 2
I don't know how many points we are ahead of anyone as I only ever look up the table - habit of over 50 years

I’m not sure, pep & the club want this trophy & we are in a very good position to win it
We're not. Draw against Bayern or Liverpool and it's 50-50. We were in a very good position last season (no injuries, title race almost done by April, no big draws except PSG), but we blew it.

We're not. Draw against Bayern or Liverpool and it's 50-50. We were in a very good position last season (no injuries, title race almost done by April, no big draws except PSG), but we blew it.
Yep last season we got the luck required to have a deep run. Bellingham goal disallowed, mbappe injured for second leg, favourable draws etc. The level is so high in the champions league that without the rub of the green you won’t reach the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.