The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this past week n half has sucked. Hope we go on one of our long investing runs. I am guess the game against them will decide the league

League is gone blues. It’s over. No point moaning. We can’t compete with the bestest team ever.

League is gone blues. It’s over. No point moaning. We can’t compete with the bestest team ever.
go and wipe your fanny mate,me for one is looking forward to lifting the trophy end of- season,or are you on a fishing trip

Best two teams in the World right now and it could well come down to the game between us.

As it stands we are still 72% to 28% favourites and 87 points wins it.

I don’t think that game between the two teams is the one that will decide it anymore. A few weeks back I thought it would be, I thought if we went something like 11 points clear with a win against them it would be over.

But it’s too close now and could be even closer by the time it comes round (I reckon we’ll be level on points going into that game). Like 2014 when they beat us in April, there were still loads of points to play for, and there will be after we face each other in April this year… there’s 18 points to win or lose after we play each other.

I think our one big unbeaten run is over for this season, and we’ll drop a few more points this season. But I also think Liverpool will drop points n’all. I don’t think either team are as good as they were a few years ago and I can’t see both teams going win-for-win-for-win to end the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
The race begins now, even games left (although we'll be 1 in front after this weekend).

CITY (63 points, +46)
LIVERPOOL (60 points, +50)
Everton (A)
West Ham (H)​
United (H)
Brighton (A)​
Crystal Palace (A)​
Arsenal (A)
Brighton (H)
United (H)
Burnley (A)
Watford (H)
Liverpool (H)
City (A)
Wolves (A)
Aston Villa (A)​
Watford (H)
Everton (H)
Leeds (A)
Newcastle (A)
Newcastle (H)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Southampton (A)​
Aston Villa (H)​
Wolves (H)

Teams in the Top 8.
Team between 9th - 13th.
Botton 7 (Teams I would consider relegation candidates).

On that basis the fixture list is with us.

Corresponding fixtures last year (of the games remaining this year):
TeamPlayedWonDrawnLostGoals FGoals AGoal DifPoints
City11731187+1124
Liverpool114431514+116

Didn't include Watford as neither side played them last season.

Conclusion, we've had a harder run of games and sit 3 points clear of them with the advantage of having to play them at our place. It could become like 2018/19 where both teams kept winning but as it stands right now, we're sitting prettier.

Last edited:
Well this past week n half has sucked. Hope we go on one of our long investing runs. I am guess the game against them will decide the league

I'm going to get battered for this but I fear we could be behind by the time we play them. Everton is a tough game they're fighting for their lives. The rags and Palace,like Spurs, our style of play suits them. Forget the game at the swamp they have improved since then. I looked at this week's fixtures and said before we played it could prove a pivotal week in the title race and so it's proved. It's vital we get three points on Saturday, vital.

I don’t think that game between the two teams is the one that will decide it anymore. A few weeks back I thought it would be, I thought if we went something like 11 points clear with a win against them it would be over.

But it’s too close now and could be even closer by the time it comes round (I reckon we’ll be level on points going into that game). Like 2014 when they beat us in April, there were still loads of points to play for, and there will be after we face each other in April this year… there’s 18 points to win or lose after we play each other.

I think our one big unbeaten run is over for this season, and we’ll drop a few more points this season. But I also think Liverpool will drop points n’all. I don’t think either team are as good as they were a few years ago.
But still better than everyone else. I liked The Centurions.

The match between us won’t be decisive in terms of points but if one team wins they get a huge psychological boost I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.