The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal play the late game today and the early kick off on Saturday. Their midweek game v the Dippers, (who played early on Saturday and don't play again until Forest in the cup late next Sunday) is sandwiched in between. Bad timing for the Arse.
Bad timing has nothing to do with it. Got to give them a leg up to keep them in the race or Sky won't get their Super Sunday when we play them in April.

Bad timing has nothing to do with it. Got to give them a leg up to keep them in the race or Sky won't get their Super Sunday when we play them in April.
Leicester played in Europe so the game today had to be Sunday. The villa game at 12 30 was picked for tv before the Liverpool game was moved. It’s just bad luck nothing more. Less of the conspiracy bullshit please it’s tiring.

That’s a lot in 10 games when they’ve only dropped 18 points (2 defeats and 6 draws) in 28 games already. Plus they’re on an 8 game winning run, and have only dropped 7 points (1 defeat and 2 draws) in their last 17 games.

They’re in better winning form now than when they were dropping more points earlier in the season, and Diaz looks a great signing for them.

Them dropping 10+ points would mean either:
3 defeats and 1 draw (11 points dropped)
1 defeat and 4 draws (11 points)
2 defeats and 2 draws (10 points)
0 defeats and 5 draws (10 points)

I can see both teams dropping points before the end of the season (well, it’s a certainty someone or both will as we play each other). But I’m not sure it’ll be 10+ points.

I think they’ll match or slightly better their 89 points season trajectory. I think we’ll get close to if not match our 93 points season trajectory. So that’s no more than 5-7 points dropped each:
1 defeats and 2 draws (7 points dropped)
2 defeats and 0 draws (6 points)
0 defeats and 3 draws (6 points)
1 defeat and 1 draw (5 points)
… each.
I just see with big games qnd tough games coming up for them and us more points will be dropped especially with both teams still in the other 2 cups

The closer we get to the end of the season, the more concerned I am about goal difference. If we beat the scousers, that will probably be irrelevant but if we lose??? We really need to start punishing teams, 4,5 or even 6. We take our foot off the gas too much and it could cost us long term

The closer we get to the end of the season, the more concerned I am about goal difference. If we beat the scousers, that will probably be irrelevant but if we lose??? We really need to start punishing teams, 4,5 or even 6. We take our foot off the gas too much and it could cost us long term
I've said this before but imagine both teams going into the last game of the season on 89 points and both with a goal difference of 70

I had voted 85 to 89, but as we get closer to the end, I think it's increasingly likely that is not going to be enough.

Liverpool can get a maximum of 96, and even allowing for us beating them (hardly a "given") then that's 93. I would not put it past them to win the rest of their games, and certainly I'd be surprised to see them drop more than 6 points including losing to us.

Of course if they were to beat us, they could still lose 2 other games and get 90 points. Also I think they are likely have a better GD than us, even if we do beat them. So I think this looks like at least 91 points being needed.

i.e. we need at least 22 points from our remaining 10 games, realistically 7 or 8 more wins and dropping points in no more than 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.