The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted 85-89 at the start,wobbled a bit but looking at the remaining fixtures I will stick with it though it could be 90. Think we'll get 92/93.

Fair enough - but there's dropping points when you're not good enough and dropping points when you are - which sadly they are now. As someone else stated - they do seem to be a particularly persistent turd that simply won't flush.
Lol I agree with that. What did Pep call them? A pain in his ass. Still, if they keep us honest to the end of the season we might win everything. Or they might. High risk, high reward. The season starts now.

Have a bad feeling that Diaz transfer will turn it into their favour. He came in and adds something extra for them instantly, no 12 months bedding in period, but straightaway an impact with goals/assists and also this keeps Mane, Jota, Firmino on their toes and raise their levels if they wanna keep starting.

We need to raise our game and get 6 points vs burnley away and Pool home. that would put them under enermous pressure.I expect them to beat Arsenal with ease tomorrow so for me its 1 point lead with no game in hand for them.
if we beat Burnley and them in next two, they will beat Arse, Watford in same period means we have 4 points lead with 7 games to go. then we still need them to drop a few more as our away games to Wolves, Leeds, WHU are same banana skin games as Palace, Soton etc.

Liverpool are stronger and more experienced than in 18/19 whilst City have since lost Silva, Aguero, and Kompany who all contributed in that momentous run-in.

It doesn't mean we still can't win the PL, but we need to be realistic.

Liverpool fans in work are full of it this morning, my " we'll be fine, we'll still win the title" comment has them stunned.
They all think they'll walk it from here on in haha

They might.

They might not.

Have you tried telling them we actually won it in January.

It’s what happens with the propaganda media it brainwashes them like last 30 years it’s been there year and it’s only been there year once.

True, but at least they maybe have the excuse of being brainwashed over many years by the media.

We just brainwashed ourselves, relatively instantly.

I don’t know why but I have a feeling that is our last bad game. Pissed Kev has got the bit between his teeth. Let’s get back on form and start putting away the many chances we create.

Come on City.

It won't be, but love the spirit And it wasn't that bad.

Still in a great position to go on and win it, if we can just get some consistency and momentum back. Hopefully after we beat them at our place.

Have a bad feeling that Diaz transfer will turn it into their favour. He came in and adds something extra for them instantly, no 12 months bedding in period, but straightaway an impact with goals/assists and also this keeps Mane, Jota, Firmino on their toes and raise their levels if they wanna keep starting.

We need to raise our game and get 6 points vs burnley away and Pool home. that would put them under enermous pressure.I expect them to beat Arsenal with ease tomorrow so for me its 1 point lead with no game in hand for them.
if we beat Burnley and them in next two, they will beat Arse, Watford in same period means we have 4 points lead with 7 games to go. then we still need them to drop a few more as our away games to Wolves, Leeds, WHU are same banana skin games as Palace, Soton etc.

I feel like that too but a lot can change very quickly. We had it sewn up according to the media. Whoever is top after our head to head will have the same. Huge pressure.

Their games have been pressure free. They were "miles" behind and with nothing to lose. Now they know a win at ours is one hand on the trophy. Huge motivation and an easy target to inspire the players.

We have definitely lost a bit of momentum and form. Probably since the break funnily enough. But we have a team of winners and fighters. Yesterday was just one of those games, they happen. Need to go win the cup game, look forward to the CL quarters and take each game as it comes.

Too many players had a bad day yesterday. Lots of poor touches, passes and decision making in the final third. But we take the point and move on. It's still in our hands. 1pt (or more) with 9 games left is a great place to be. It could have been better but we are still in it. Not throwing in the towel!

Liverpool have a tougher run in and they will drop points I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.