Not open for further replies.
I calculated 90 for us to finish on.

wins at home Brighton, Watford, Newcastle, Villa 12p
Liverpool draw 1p

wins away: Burnley, WHU 6p
draw: Leeds 1 p
loss Wolves

Total of 20 points finishing on 90.

It all really depends on City-Pool as if that is not a draw but a loss then its 89 p for us but +2 for them instantly.

Also I would prefer it be done on our favour before the very last game as that is City-Villa in 38th round and I couldnt accept Steven Gerrard getting a fluke draw or a win at Etihad and effectively winning the title for Liverpool with that.

Makes good reading. But not really something that applies that readily.
Under normal circumstances, there are too many matches left to predict any likelihood. Now, a volume of air wafting in the air can change the fortune of an entire season. The Burnley match is the only important thing.

Season is going to come down to next two games. Got to put up a big performance and beat Burnley with a win that can build confidence and then not lose against Liverpool. Do that and it will settle nerves. If Liverpool come to us knowing a win puts them top they will be very hard to beat with the momentum they have but got to believe the crowd will carry us to beat them. The build up is all going to be about Liverpool and how they are chasing us down…that will only add pressure but that’s the type of pressure we need to overcome to be the best in Europe.

I calculated 90 for us to finish on.

wins at home Brighton, Watford, Newcastle, Villa 12p
Liverpool draw 1p

wins away: Burnley, WHU 6p
draw: Leeds 1 p
loss Wolves

Total of 20 points finishing on 90.

It all really depends on City-Pool as if that is not a draw but a loss then its 89 p for us but +2 for them instantly.

Also I would prefer it be done on our favour before the very last game as that is City-Villa in 38th round and I couldnt accept Steven Gerrard getting a fluke draw or a win at Etihad and effectively winning the title for Liverpool with that.

That last game will be a bit spicy I think.

Either slippy giving it large, or Grealish winning the title with City in front of the knobhead villa fans who’ll be booing him.

The happy clappers won’t like this but I honestly think we’ve bottled this title.
Bottled it? Mate, you’re better than that!

We’ve lost 1 and drawn 2 of our last 9 games (our last 19 actually) and that run of 9 has included our best three performances of the season. And even if Liverpool win tonight we’re a points ahead still.

Bottling it would be losing a few in a row with inept performances and crumbling in front of our very eyes. Yet we’ve conceded just 4 goals and only had 20 shots on our goal in total (to our 60!) in those three games we’ve dropped points.

All that’s happened is that we had an easier run of fixtures and we won 12 in a row while they had a tougher run and dropped 12 out of 33 points; and then we’ve had a tougher run and dropped 7 points out of 27 while they’ve had an easier run and won 8 in a row.

Now it evens itself our fixture-wise and it’ll be a good fight to the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottled it? Mate, you’re better than that!

We’ve lost 1 and drawn 2 of our last 9 games (our last 19 actually) and that run of 8 has included our best three performances of the season. And even if Liverpool win tonight we’re a points ahead still.

Bottling it would be losing a few in a row with inept performances and crumbling in front of our very eyes. Yet we’ve conceded just 4 goals and only had 20 shots on our goal in total (to our 60!) in those three games we’ve dropped points.

All that’s happened is that we had an easier run of fixtures and we won 12 in a row while they had a tougher run and dropped 12 out of 33 points; and then we’ve had a tougher run and dropped 7 points out of 27 while they’ve had an easier run and won 8 in a row.

Now it evens itself our fixture-wise and it’ll be a good fight to the end.
Liverpool aren't playing particularly well either. That could be a bad thing if they suddenly click - but they've gotten away with a couple of games in their easier run.

I said the same myself. It was inevitable they were going to catch us up with that run of fixtures for each of us.

And after losing to Palace in October, up to that run of fixtures you’ve listed, it was almost the reverse. We had an easier run of games and won 12 in a row, while they had a tougher run and dropped 12 points out of 33.

Now it starts to even itself out. After both teams having two opposite runs of fixtures from October to New Year, and New Year to now; both teams have a mixed bag of tough:easy games to end the season. And even the easy games are teams who are fighting for something so both teams almost have a cup final each week.

It’s going to be another great run in. We should be enjoying this, it’s what football is all about and it’s why we were taken over!

Great post mate and spot on. The tougher the title runs the more memorable the victory. If we don't win it we don't win it. Over a league campaign that isn't down to one game it's down to 38. So you can't have any complaints. Two excellent teams capable of putting together some points tally's that have never been seen before so consistently.

Our fixtures are easier than theirs now and form-wise they're probably playing a little bit better up top and we're playing a little better defensively.

Overall we should just edge it from here, but we just have to sit back and bite our nails with every game we play and hope we get it done.

Would like us to have it wrapped up before Villa though if possible. It can go to the penultimate game this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.