The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how LFC have Wolves last game of the season dejavu when City won it 4-1 on the last day of the season after going 1-0 down to Brighton away for like 46 seconds.

To be honest with you, if your team sitting top of the league with 9 to play makes you feel very down then perhaps consider knocking football on the head, or completely re-evaluate what you want out of it. I dread to think what you might do should we have an 'off' season and be competing for a CL spot. Enjoy the ride, enjoy each game and the twists and turns. Yeah we do look a bit vulnerable i'll agree but this should not make you down and certainly don't throw in the towel. I understand football supporting has further dimensions that just enjoyment but if you are down when we're top, i'd consider being away from it for a bit. this is just my piece and i dont mean anything by it.
Thanks mate! Tbh it’s more the Liverpool fans gloating on social media that’s doing my head in so might stay off Twitter for a bit! Your right about being top it’s a great position to be in at this stage I guess I foolishly thought the league was ours back in Jan and the race now being back on has hit hard. Got some personal things going on as well so just overacting I know…. The Liverpool fans constant gloating just doesn’t help! Cheers

Thanks mate! Tbh it’s more the Liverpool fans gloating on social media that’s doing my head in so might stay off Twitter for a bit! Your right about being top it’s a great position to be in at this stage I guess I foolishly thought the league was ours back in Jan and the race now being back on has hit hard. Got some personal things going on as well so just overacting I know…. The Liverpool fans constant floating just doesn’t help! Cheers
twitter can be a cancer to the mind, stay clear. honestly embrace the ups and downs, if we come 2nd dont worry, it's a great season so far.

I’m afraid the title may be over…. a long way to go but feeling very down tbh. Liverpool have their fear factor back and other teams are unfortunately beaten mentally before the game. The awful draw at Southampton/Palace, the defeat against Spurs and the close call vs Everton has made us seem vulnerable and other teams are now more confident of at least nicking a point.
Luckily for us the teams they play are not as beaten mentally as you are.

Get hold of yourself man

If they win the league - it will be because they are more clinical than us. I still have hope that we will go and do it but we need to be ruthless in attack - we have missed some big chances in the games we dropped points in bar the 1st loss vs Spurs.

They're the fine margins between us and them.
I worked this out prior to last night's game, but in the PL this season City and Liverpool have missed the exact same number of big chances, had identical goal/shots ratios of 13%, and had identical xg/goals ratio.

So, any suggestion that Liverpool are somehow more clinical, or City are not ruthless enough, just doesn't hold up.

They've scored a few more goals because they've had more shots overall, but then they've also just had a run where they played teams in the bottom half of the table for weeks on end. Looking at the fixtures left, it would be a surprise if we didn't outscore them between now and the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.