The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that we've not reached top gear yet this season. As long as we don't get distracted by what anyone else is doing, I'd expect us to be top going into the New Year.

A long way to go yet...
Agreed. If I was a Chelsea or Pool fan my fear would be City going top and then hitting their stride. Both have to come to us. If we are within 5 points at New Year I'd still back us to win it, if we are 5 points clear I just can't see a Pep team being beaten in that way. (Famous last words etc etc).

Agreed. If I was a Chelsea or Pool fan my fear would be City going top and then hitting their stride. Both have to come to us. If we are within 5 points at New Year I'd still back us to win it, if we are 5 points clear I just can't see a Pep team being beaten in that way. (Famous last words etc etc).
I think that's the underlying thing that they're trying to avoid talking about. There's a City win streak brewing, potentially tricky tie Wednesday but overall a very decent December schedule.

I think that's the underlying thing that they're trying to avoid talking about. There's a City win streak brewing, potentially tricky tie Wednesday but overall a very decent December schedule.
Thus far, the only way to beat a Pep team across a season is to start relentlessly and basically have it won by Christmas. We know that we start slow(ish), and tend to warm up as the tactics and training begin to click, you start to figure out which are the important players that season, and then can stay warm all season thereafter. In the same way we know that Klopp's team tend to dip a bit around February before getting stronger towards the end of the season again. My prediction is that we'll win it by about 3 or 4 points, and the media will hype it as exciting for as long as they can, but once we establish that gap in January we'll pretty much have that distance between us until the final game.

We still aren’t scoring enough of the good chances we make. Coupled with the amount of injuries, shit refs and number of games I think unfortunately we’ll drop points in a couple of the next games. Hope I’m wrong, I still cannot quite shake off the bad old days.

Villa away. D - too many out injured/ill
Watford away. D - one of those games, small club opposition‘s cup final
Wolves home. W
Leeds home. W
Newcastle away. D - would be typical this shit team gets something against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.