The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 34% chance of them not winning against Villa, was about 32% for last nights game…

I’ll take those odds.

I think we could do with them dropping another couple with our defensive injuries.

Funnily enough I think for the first time Liverpool playing first works over the next two games works against them because of goal difference.

They have to gamble now on simply getting three points versus risking things and going for a big score. If we played first and won then Liverpool would know what they need to do based on our result, but now they need to make a guess which could backfire.

If they just go for points and then we win by a big margin, then come the final day the GD gap could be insurmountable. Similarly if they gamble on goals and drop points and we only win 1-0, then they'd have caused themselves more trouble than it would be worth.
I see where you are coming from. Not sure I agree, mind. Imagine if we were playing before them, and won. They'd be 6 points behind (albeit with a game in hand), and at least 5 goals worse off than us.

I see where you are coming from. Not sure I agree, mind. Imagine if we were playing before them, and won. They'd be 6 points behind (albeit with a game in hand), and at least 5 goals worse off than us.
True, but at least they'd know what to do. There wouldn't be any indecision.

If we won 1-0, they could just focus on winning their game. If we won 5-0, they could afford to gamble knowing a 1-0 win for them doesn't likely do much.

Hopefully it doesn't matter and we just win our last 3 games.

I think Liverpool will drop more points again. I think we will aswell by the way but Tuesday night going to be tough for them with little rest. I’d expect them to win but we should still be ahead on the goal difference. I think the mood in the squad now after today should see us ok at Wolves but I’d be worried about West Ham if Ake isn’t fit being Nobles last home game an all and the chance to move into the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.