The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge win today, the goal difference can't be under estimated.

The dippers are now under enormous pressure, they know they can't afford anything other than 3 wins and even then it may not be enough. If they lose at Villa on Tuesday and we were to win at Wolves then it's as good as done.

Doing my best Alanis Morrisette impression, wouldn't it be ironic if Slippy stuck a dagger into scouse hearts on tuesday night.

I know, I know; there's no chance of it happening.
I don't know, we may have broken the scouse as far as the league goes. They might all be holding a bit back for the FA & CL finals. Even just a couple of them losing focus will do for them.

We can, arguably, afford a defeat and (assuming the Mickeys win their remaining games) still win the title on GD. But I'd rather not go down that route. Go out to win every game.
I wouldn't want to bank on GD yet. It's possible that we beat Wolves and West Ham but by low margins and Villa and Southampton take turns rolling over for Liverpool.

I wonder if after flogging his players all season Klopp may now decide to rest players for the two cup finals?

Funnily enough I think for the first time Liverpool playing first works over the next two games works against them because of goal difference.

They have to gamble now on simply getting three points versus risking things and going for a big score. If we played first and won then Liverpool would know what they need to do based on our result, but now they need to make a guess which could backfire.

If they just go for points and then we win by a big margin, then come the final day the GD gap could be insurmountable. Similarly if they gamble on goals and drop points and we only win 1-0, then they'd have caused themselves more trouble than it would be worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.