The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When City wanted to stop United winning their first championship for a generation + they did so by beating their rivals Leeds 4-0 in 1992. There is no way a manager with everything to prove roles over for a former team, he isn't one of these fake pundits who pretend to support a team they played for which will earn them the most money, he is in real life.

I can't see that happening unfortunately. They didn't give up when they were 14 points behind (admittedly they had two games in hand) so I can't see them taking their eye off the ball when the gap is only 3 points. Especially as they'll be aware of our defensive injuries and that we have have two very tricky away games coming up where we could easily drop points.

In my opinion, there's no way Klopp will rest any of their big players against Villa for the FA Cup final whilst the league is still possible. They'll go full strength and aim to put the pressure back on us.

As for the Champions League final, it's not until a week after the league season finishes so I don't think that will have any impact on team selection. The only way that changes is if they drop points to Villa and we beat Wolves. Then maybe I could see him resting players in the last two games.
Maybe not now, although I did write that before we lost Dias (or at least before I was aware of it).

Aston Villa’s Steven Gerrard hails ‘best ever Liverpool team to watch’

result tomorrow 0-9 or similar
I expect Liverpool will win at least one of their remaining fixtures by a big score. Probably not by 9 and possibly not at a villa. But City and Liverpool are clearly much better than our remaining opponents and the possibility of big wins has greatly increased now that goal difference could be a factor.

I’m sure there are Liverpool fans who believe that Sunday’s result was a fix. Fewer of them than if Newcastle were managed by a former City player, but those two late goals were definitely suspicious weren’t they?

Normally City would have been happy to see out the game at 3-0. Just pass the ball around and save energy. But gd made us that bit more determined to add to the score. Newcastle were out of it when three down with minutes left. I don’t think they capitulated at the end but they weren’t exactly defending as if their lives depended on it. If this sort of scenario is repeated in any of City or Liverpool’s remaining games then their is the potential for a comfortable victory to turn into a rout.

I expect Liverpool will win at least one of their remaining fixtures by a big score. Probably not by 9 and possibly not at a villa.
I don't know, Southampton have lost 9-0 twice under Hasenhuttl.

Villa and Gerrard would give everything to win the game because those Villa players would find it weird if training changed because they playing Liverpool and people really think Gerrard wants to lose a game? Saying that Liverpool a far superior and expect them to win by 2/3 goals.

)why are some posters so negative? like calm down you are stressing out for NO reason liverpool dropped points and we had a big win and still we have some posters worrying about wolves i mean wolves a team that was beaten by Burnley recently

we have 4 goal advantage 3 points ahead and ONLY 3 (winnable) games left the title is ours we will get a big result against wolves feel it could be anther big win 4-0 then that will springboard then we have a more harder game against west ham which we will win easy again

Then we have a HOME game to finish of and make it a formality

we going to win the title guys calm down....
You are in blue heaven

Really don't get the narrative that Gerrard will rest players/take it easy tonight. He has hardly ripped up trees at Villa since his arrival and doesn't have anywhere near the credibility to be pissing around with team selections to help his former side.

Liverpool looked leggy the other night v Spurs and I think a game every 3/4 days is starting to take its toll. I would be surprised if Villa managed to beat them tonight but I don't think it'll be the foregone conclusion as many on here are suggesting.

We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.