The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't get the narrative that Gerrard will rest players/take it easy tonight. He has hardly ripped up trees at Villa since his arrival and doesn't have anywhere near the credibility to be pissing around with team selections to help his former side.

Liverpool looked leggy the other night v Spurs and I think a game every 3/4 days is starting to take its toll. I would be surprised if Villa managed to beat them tonight but I don't think it'll be the foregone conclusion as many on here are suggesting.

We'll see.
It’s pathetic and a victim mentality many have taken up on here. Very weak. Not that in a million years this would happen, but say Gerrard says to his team, look lads I’m a big Liverpool fan, just go out there and let them win. What on earth do you think the players will say? Ok boss no probs. He done Everton a huge favour at the weekend, wouldn’t expect that would you. Also think of it the other way, he never won the league at Liverpool. His ego might be that big he doesn’t want it to happen often now he has left. Lampard said something similar after Chelsea won the CL last year.

Let’s all grow up, Liverpool are better than Villa and should win. If that happens they’ve not been given a victory, they are just the better team. I’d love nothing more than Villa to do something, just to see the excuses people on here will have

Liverpool will win tonight but no way is Gerrard going to let them whack Villa by 7 or 8. At the end of the day the players are professionals and most will have no feelings towards Liverpool.
Gerrard will know that if doesn’t set them up right or it looks like he’s doing them a favour his credibility as a manager will be forever gone. Villa is a stepping stone for him and he wants to progress up the managerial ladder.

I still think Villa will lose but not by the shed load that some are predicting. Now for Southampton, that’s where they can clean up.

Really don't get the narrative that Gerrard will rest players/take it easy tonight. He has hardly ripped up trees at Villa since his arrival and doesn't have anywhere near the credibility to be pissing around with team selections to help his former side.

Liverpool looked leggy the other night v Spurs and I think a game every 3/4 days is starting to take its toll. I would be surprised if Villa managed to beat them tonight but I don't think it'll be the foregone conclusion as many on here are suggesting.

We'll see.
I expect Liverpool will run out relatively comfortable winners tonight and I don't think there will be anything dodgy going on on Gerrard's side. You never know though - Villa might spring a shock but I've got low expectations on that score.

What I do find surprising are the match odds. Liverpool are typically 2/5 and 4/9 to win and I think they're overpriced at that. In comparison, we're 1/4 and 2/9 to win tomorrow night. I can only assume that the bookies are expecting Klopp to make some changes tonight but that's by no means a given.

It’s pathetic and a victim mentality many have taken up on here. Very weak. Not that in a million years this would happen, but say Gerrard says to his team, look lads I’m a big Liverpool fan, just go out there and let them win. What on earth do you think the players will say? Ok boss no probs. He done Everton a huge favour at the weekend, wouldn’t expect that would you. Also think of it the other way, he never won the league at Liverpool. His ego might be that big he doesn’t want it to happen often now he has left. Lampard said something similar after Chelsea won the CL last year.

Let’s all grow up, Liverpool are better than Villa and should win. If that happens they’ve not been given a victory, they are just the better team. I’d love nothing more than Villa to do something, just to see the excuses people on here will have

Liverpool will win tonight but no way is Gerrard going to let them whack Villa by 7 or 8. At the end of the day the players are professionals and most will have no feelings towards Liverpool.
Gerrard will know that if doesn’t set them up right or it looks like he’s doing them a favour his credibility as a manager will be forever gone. Villa is a stepping stone for him and he wants to progress up the managerial ladder.

I still think Villa will lose but not by the shed load that some are predicting. Now for Southampton, that’s where they can clean up.

Gerrard has massively underwhelmed at Villa and the possibility he might get fired in the summer was raising its head when they were 15th a fortnight ago.

He needs to carry on this good run of form and finish in the top 10, he can't afford to be seen to do Liverpool a favour.

We had this before the Spurs-Liverpool game, Newcastle-City game as well, the same posters claiming Newcastle rolled over for Liverpool but would make our lives difficult, and Spurs wouldn't put up a fight like they did against us.

We even had posters angry Leeds lost 6-0....after losing 7-0 to use earlier in the season.

Aston Villa’s Steven Gerrard hails ‘best ever Liverpool team to watch’

result tomorrow 0-9 or similar
"Yeah, ive been forced to play the under 11s as the rest of the squad are too tired to play..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.