The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't get the narrative that Gerrard will rest players/take it easy tonight. He has hardly ripped up trees at Villa since his arrival and doesn't have anywhere near the credibility to be pissing around with team selections to help his former side.

Liverpool looked leggy the other night v Spurs and I think a game every 3/4 days is starting to take its toll. I would be surprised if Villa managed to beat them tonight but I don't think it'll be the foregone conclusion as many on here are suggesting.

We'll see.

Agree, people talk a lot of rubbish about this sort of thing. Same with Conor Coady, who everyone seems to have forgotten had a great game when Wolves played Liverpool in the last game of the season in 2019.

If Villa roll over against Liverpool, Gerrards credibility as a manager will deserve scrutiny.

Villa will want the points specially Gerrard as they could end up finishing in the top half of the table. As much prize money as possible can help his transfer budget for next season. He nearly fucked Liverpool off during his career and he dumped Rangers as soon as he saw another opportunity, Gerrard looks after himself.

Villa need to kill the game in first half like Everton
Just slow it down, disrupt their play and frustrate them
Then in second half dippers will get leggy and the high line is there for the taking with a home crowd behind them
Keeping them out is the big issue with mings on the pitch
You never know tonight may be the night the dippers concede a penalty or get a red card! Don’t hold your breath.

Villa are low in the table for a reason, they seem to have had a mini revival when they got the loan ex-dipper in....I've not heard his name mentioned in weeks.

They could turn up tonight but there's more chance of a dips goal fest than them winning....I'd be over the bluemoon with a draw, it'll not help the dips for Wembley having to 'play' a full game tonight either.

There is no way Gerrard is going to lose his Liverpool legacy by effectively killing off their title challenge and quadruple challenge at the same time tonight. I expect a 3-0 to Liverpool at least. However, if we need to win on the last day of the season expect a fully charged up Aston Villa to turn up at the Etihad. Gerrard knows his target audience. Liverpool win comfortably tonight.

Rolls over and blows smoke up Liverpool and he places himself in pole position, should Jurgen Wildenstein ever move on.
He’s already in pole position. Liverpool’s owners might be grateful for him throwing a match now, but it would surely make them doubt his suitability when it came to appointing him. If Villa beat Liverpool they’ll have a grudging respect for him doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.