The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But in any case I'm utterly sure that the players simply have it in mind to win everything. As they have had for months now (since the Spurs defeat, which they bloody nearly got a draw out of). They look like steely-eyed missile men. That said, the stakes are high for the Hammers, too. They won't be giving us an inch. As why should they?
What happened in Madrid was an inexplicable one-off, a six-minute brain fart that had no relation whatsoever to the 180 minutes of play that preceded it. Which had been superbly managed, from first to last. What happened at Wembley was that a weakened and tired team, and a keeper who delivered easily the worst performance of his time here, allowed the opposition to appear to run away with it, only to come back and really threaten them for the second half of the game. In both cases the question of mental fortitude or a lack of effort is, as they say in French, “nul et non-avenu”. In plain language, it had fuck all to do with those two results. I trust and admire this team, and this manager.
Let's do this, and have a party at the Etihad for the last match.
Don't be talking so positively, the match day thread flappers will be wanting your head!

I hope we win the title on goal difference by one single goal. Can you imagine if we do and it stops Liverpool from winning the quadruple? Just how would they or the media handle it? It really would be poetic justice when the double decker bus comes down Deansgate during the trophy parade with the PL trophy stuck on the front adorned with blue & white ribbons. It would be perfect Karma.

I hope we win the title on goal difference by one single goal. Can you imagine if we do and it stops Liverpool from winning the quadruple? Just how would they or the media handle it? It really would be poetic justice when the double decker bus comes down Deansgate during the trophy parade with the PL trophy stuck on the front adorned with blue & white ribbons. It would be perfect Karma.
I don't
I want it sown up before that game, especially with our defensive issues.

I don't
I want it sown up before that game, especially with our defensive issues.
Dead right, ideally we can have a big celebration all day against Villa.

Much as days like 93:20 are looked back on with affection I've had enough of those days to last a lifetime,more than happy to bounce around in my lounge on Tuesday.

Nah. Get it won by as many points as possible. Knowing they tried their best and they were still at least a game behind would kill them.

Ideally, Liverpool's Cup final goes to extra time pens, then leaves them not at 100% against Soton in the week. They will beat Southampton, but I don't think they'll batter them. Any win by City on Sunday, and that should be it

Dead right, ideally we can have a big celebration all day against Villa.

Much as days like 93:20 are looked back on with affection I've had enough of those days to last a lifetime,more than happy to bounce around in my lounge on Tuesday.
Yes - it's unlikely 93.20 will ever happen again but we don't want to give Liverpool a sniff.
Southampton have been crap for weeks and we have seen how rubbish Wolves have been.
We don't want goal difference at all, would ruin it for me.

Yes - it's unlikely 93.20 will ever happen again but we don't want to give Liverpool a sniff.
Southampton have been crap for weeks and we have seen how rubbish Wolves have been.
We don't want goal difference at all, would ruin it for me.
Home and hosed, just a formality. Slippy will do his best, but it won't be good enough.

Go and find your party pants and have them all ironed and ready to put on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.