The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stating the absolute obvious but a win on Sunday would be huge for us, as in really huge.

I don't fancy, should we drop points, a week of nerves and wondering if "typical City" will make a return. I know we're strong mentally and have proved so for a number of seasons now, but that seed of doubt has never completely worn off me, not when it gets to these sort of occasions. Thankfully we don't have a management team who will let the team think they can take the foot off the gas on Sunday as we have a bit of breathing space currently, I'm sure he'll make them go hell for leather and so they should. Win Sunday it's done, might as well have the mentality that Sunday is the last game of the season and we have to win to win the league.
There’s a world of difference between having those doubts yourself, and vocalising them, and questioning the mental fortitude of this incredible group of players who have provided us such joy, because things didn’t go our way a fortnight ago.

It was unwarranted, completely unjustified and a ****’s trick.

And to any posters who think that makes me feel I’m a better blue than them because I didn’t turn on our own when the chip were down: you’ll be absolutely fucking right about that.

Stating the absolute obvious but a win on Sunday would be huge for us, as in really huge.

I don't fancy, should we drop points, a week of nerves and wondering if "typical City" will make a return. I know we're strong mentally and have proved so for a number of seasons now, but that seed of doubt has never completely worn off me, not when it gets to these sort of occasions. Thankfully we don't have a management team who will let the team think they can take the foot off the gas on Sunday as we have a bit of breathing space currently, I'm sure he'll make them go hell for leather and so they should. Win Sunday it's done, might as well have the mentality that Sunday is the last game of the season and we have to win to win the league.
I’m sure they will. Look at the goals we have scored recently. Brighton 3, Watford 5, Leeds 4, Newcastle 5, Wolves 5.

I can’t see that completely drying up.

If we win by two clear goals it’s over for me. I can’t see Liverpool clawing back that gap in 2 games. They look like they are running out of steam a bit. We shouldn’t give them any encouragement though so a win is vital. To be honest I can’t see Villa beating us either but I’d rather it be done before then. Liverpool are now 16-1 for the title.

There’s a world of difference between having those doubts yourself, and vocalising them, and questioning the mental fortitude of this incredible group of players who have provided us such joy, because things didn’t go our way a fortnight ago.

It was unwarranted, completely unjustified and a ****’s trick.

And to any posters who think that makes me feel I’m a better blue than them because I didn’t turn on our own when the chip were down: you’ll be absolutely fucking right about that.

Sorry, I hadn't realised there had been a bit of Eddie on here tonight when I chipped in with my comment haha. Was just meaning in general, I've always got that bit of doubt - mostly unwarranted - but can't find it in me to have the confident 'we'll stuff them' attitude so many others have, even though I probably should.

But aye, if fans have been questioning their mentality I think that's bang out of order. They've had balls of steel for years now, that's not changed.

Sorry, I hadn't realised there had been a bit of Eddie on here tonight when I chipped in with my comment haha. Was just meaning in general, I've always got that bit of doubt - mostly unwarranted - but can't find it in me to have the confident 'we'll stuff them' attitude so many others have, even though I probably should.

But aye, if fans have been questioning their mentality I think that's bang out of order. They've had balls of steel for years now, that's not changed.
It’s not unwarranted, if it’s who you are, and/or is rooted in experience, and you’ve always struck me as a balanced, fair poster.

What is unwarranted, however, is to question the mental resolve of others when you’ve been happy to feed off the fruit of their labour in the good times.

That’s a ****’s trick and not what being a supporter is, or should be, about.

9320 podcast review of the Wolves game, I listened earlier today.

We won 5-1, have one hand on the trophy and they spent literally the first 15 mins of the show saying how shit Grealish is, and how brilliant Sterling is.

Don’t get me wrong, IMO it’s by far and away the best City podcast out there but this bizarre almost rant was bewildering and completely nonsensical.

I’m interested to see if it’s just me or if others thought this too.

4 more points.

get in the face of WHU, and rip the apart. imo Jesus, Foden, Mahrez has to start imo.

win that and then Chelsea to get to extra time with Pool, hopefully score from Lukaku ripping up van Dijk , and after 120 minutes of misery the can visit Soton on Tuesday with the must win pressure and the GD pressure...

If we win at West Ham on Sunday after Liverpool lose the FA Cup on Saturday, Klopp won't chase lost causes, he'll play his second eleven in the remaining league games and wrap his first team in cotton wool ahead of the CL Final.

If we win at West Ham on Sunday after Liverpool lose the FA Cup on Saturday, Klopp won't chase lost causes, he'll play his second eleven in the remaining league games and wrap his first team in cotton wool ahead of the CL Final.
Especially if we win comfortably, effectively making goal difference an extra insurmountable point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.