The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a play off still possible? In theory it seems so but I’m struggling to come up with plausible results and scores that would produce one
For a play-off…

We’ve got 7 goals on them in GD and we’ve scored 7 more goals than them. We’ve also won two more games than them but I’m not sure that counts(?).

We’re 4 points ahead so for it to finish level on points we’d have to lose to Villa, and they’d have to draw one and win one by enough goals to level it up with us for GD and goals scored, and we’d have to score no goals:

City 0-1 Villa
Southampton 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 6-0 Wolves

That would mean:
City P38 W28 D6 L4 GF96 GA25 GD+71 Pts90
Lpool P38 W27 D9 L2 GF96 GA25 GD+71 Pts90

Even in that position, I think Games Won should be rewarded with the title before a play-off. I actually think games won should be the second most important factor after Points, football is mainly about winning games at the end of the day.

Villa play Thursday against Burnley and that's going to be a very tough game. Then they play us Sunday, won't be easy for them, as much as it's not easy for us with our makeshift backline.

Fuck that I am not arsed, ifwe can win it tuesday I am fine with that

10 yrs on I don't need another QPR scenario

Me too. Tues night would be fine by me (although I can't see any way on earth that will happen). Anyway, it's all academic now as we'll beat the Villa. IMHO.
Then again, I said something similar after the Newcastle game in 2012. As it happened, I was right ...........just.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.