The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has lived through the qpr match will have scars. Can’t blame us for thinking about the unthinkable. Title was a kick away. We managed to get mugged by Madrid. I have doubts this team can get over the line.

Defence is a shambles. Of course we can win but with the Grealish and Steve g shit thrown in it would not be on the realms of impossibility for city to lose.

Throw in Liverpool quad and it’s a situation we could have put to bed today.

Foden needs to start next week. Keep the Jack boo boys quiet.

You may have noticed, that nothing has ever pissed me off more on this forum than the fucking 'it is done - in january' brigade. I am not one for hollow bravado and placing anyone on a pedestal.

I do however fully believe in this team to see this out, and I think doubting them is misplaced.

We Could lose. If the stars really do align for Liverpool and they do go on to win the quadriluple with not that spectacular a season, then we'll all suffer. But it sure as hell won't be because this team isn't capable of getting over the line, it'l be because of some weird ass twist of miraculous fate. I feel the same way I felt ahead of Brighton. We have done the haed part, getting here. It is one game to win now.

Ask yourself, when was the last time we dropped points in two consecutive games, particularly in the league? I can't remember it this calendar year, possibly season even.

You may have noticed, that nothing has ever pissed me off more on this forum than the fucking 'it is done - in january' brigade. I am not one for hollow bravado and placing anyone on a pedestal.

I do however fully believe in this team to see this out, and I think doubting them is misplaced.

We Could lose. If the stars really do align for Liverpool and they do go on to win the quadriluple with not that spectacular a season, then we'll all suffer. But it sure as hell won't be because this team isn't capable of getting over the line, it'l be because of some weird ass twist of miraculous fate. I feel the same way I felt ahead of Brighton. We have done the haed part, getting here. It is one game to win now.

Ask yourself, when was the last time we dropped points in two consecutive games, particularly in the league? I can't remember it this calendar year, possibly season even.
We’ve not dropped points in two consecutive league games this season.

We did it three times last season, on matchdays: 3+4 8+9 and 12+13.

It is just that. Narrative. Pick a fucking team, I'll write you a narrative. They all have it. At the end of the day it is a game of foorball to win.
The thing that gets me is if we had to play Thursday and Sunday everybody would say it wasn’t fair and that it’s a massive disadvantage.

Now it’s in our favour it’s not a factor and nobody saying they are worried ever considers it.

Some Blues just want to prepare for the worst no matter what.

I agree. I was annoyed earlier but now having time to collect my thoughts and let the emotions subside I fully expect the players to bring home the title. This Pep team has strength and character in abundance.
As you say, it will take an awful lot of bad luck and a fateful moment to stop what will be another monumental achievement.

Come on City, one last push.

The thing that gets me is if we had to play Thursday and Sunday everybody would say it wasn’t fair and that it’s a massive disadvantage.

Now it’s in our favour it’s not a factor and nobody saying they are worried ever considers it.

Some Blues just want to prepare for the worst no matter what.

If we had to play thursday, than Sunday, I would STILL fancy us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.