The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton won't though and I cannot see Liverpool drop points again. They already gifted us two. Southampton will probably roll over and die - they haven't got anything to play for really.

The media will hype up our game against Villa as the game where "STEVIE G" can win the title for Liverpool - and he will make Villa play like their lives depend on it - guaranteed.
Stevie G's job is to try and motivate his team to win, no matter who they are playing. To think he is suddenly going to do it better than he did it before would beg the question why he didn't do it before. At the end of the day, he's not playing and there is only so much you can do as a manager. It's up to the players.

Same for us, of course, but the difference is that our players are motivated to win the league, theirs just want to put in a good performance and try and spoil the party. Even if that only drops the levels by 1-2% then it's enough.

Hoping for a good performance and a party at the end but I won't deny there will be some nervy moments along the way, I suspect.

Southampton won't though and I cannot see Liverpool drop points again. They already gifted us two. Southampton will probably roll over and die - they haven't got anything to play for really.

The media will hype up our game against Villa as the game where "STEVIE G" can win the title for Liverpool - and he will make Villa play like their lives depend on it - guaranteed.
Will City not be motivated for the game though?

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints taken to the fuckin' cleaners and the GD vanishes in one game so that a win on Sunday is the only option. Mind, our predicament is a lot easier than those poor bastards who have to go to The Emirates and might need a point!
Considering 99% of the media think Liverpool only have to turn up tomorrow I think that's the only motivation the Southampton players need to put up a fight. I think it'll be tricker than most people expect.

A JWP special free kick in the last minute to give the saints something in the match would be most welcome

Considering 99% of the media think Liverpool only have to turn up tomorrow I think that's the only motivation the Southampton players need to put up a fight. I think it'll be tricker than most people expect.

A JWP special free kick in the last minute to give the saints something in the match would be most welcome
These are the kind of games that Liverpool win by default. They have the same 'luck', favourable decisions, yellow and red cards unissued, as the Rags used to have. I can't see a miracle on the south coast, but it is football. How many football fans had us trailing 2-0 at HT yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.