The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool were shocking at the weekend, they literally won by the skin of their teeth. They never really looked like scoring and Chelsea were poor as well. They've probably lost Salah and potentially Van Dyk this week so their options are running thin. It's a big risk for them to give players like Mane another 90 minutes given they stuck out extra time.

Let's hope that Southampton give a similar level of effort that West Ham gave at the weekend because if they do then I think they'll at least get a point.

I'd much rather be in our shoes right now.
I think Liverpool will win their remaining games, like you said, they won by the skin of their teeth, but they have a habit of winning. They are a fantastic side and we should fully expect them to keep winning, and we do the same with our final game. This should go down as our best league title yet.

Fairy certain Salah or Van Dijk won't be risked tomorrow, of course they'll still be good favourites to win but I wouldn't be too surprised if Saints got a point.

How we feeling this morning then?

Kept flitting between point gained & two dropped all evening but as annoying as the pen miss was it's definitely a big point to have got.

Feeling positive. That was a great point from 2-0 down. I thought we were dead and buried. The Mahrez penalty was just one of those things. I don't think we deserved to win the game, so a point was fair, it's just annoying we didn't go and win it when we had such a good chance to. But having watched the game back now, I can't believe Bowen doesn't square it for Antonio when it was 2-1 or that Antonio doesn't carry the ball and slot it past Ederson rather than try to lob him! That game could have easily been a defeat and that would have given Liverpool real belief they could win it.

As it was we've had one hell of a lesson there. And we've shown huge fight and determination to come back and get something from the game. That should give us confidence to go and win on Sunday or to know if we do go behind we can come back.

It feels a bit like the Real game at home where we could have got more, but ultimately it was still a good result. Many looked at Southampton away as a tough game for Liverpool but most now see it is a formality. I don't agree. If there's one game Southampton want to win, it's this one. They hate them. They've taken their best players and with it being the last game at home for them they'll be up for it. Ralph also has a real respect for Jurgen and will see it as a test of his tactical nous again and want to win.

Their form has nose-dived but they've only lost 5 games at home this season (ignore that 4 of those have been in their past 5 home games). They are due a result I say!

Let's hope that Southampton give a similar level of effort that West Ham gave at the weekend because if they do then I think they'll at least get a point.
It’s the hope that kills you. One win in ten and only one clean sheet since February. Not doubting their professionalism, but I suspect their minds are more on flip flops and Ambre Solaire than pushing Liverpool.

If we want it, we’ll have to beat Villa.

Liverpool were shocking at the weekend, they literally won by the skin of their teeth. They never really looked like scoring and Chelsea were poor as well. They've probably lost Salah and potentially Van Dyk this week so their options are running thin. It's a big risk for them to give players like Mane another 90 minutes given they stuck out extra time.

I'd much rather be in our shoes right now.
Reported this morning no Salah or VVD tomorrow and Sunday is up in the air too.

How we feeling this morning then?

Kept flitting between point gained & two dropped all evening but as annoying as the pen miss was it's definitely a big point to have got.
1 point gained is worth more than the two lost. We've still got to win.

In fact all in all I think it means lfc will have to continue to play hard for ALL their remaining games.

Cmon city, you know you can do it.

We have a team that will totally feel confident on Sunday. I can't wait for the atmosphere and excitement, it will be electric. What a way to finish the season. Come on the blues! I've got my bananas, flags and beach balls at the ready.

It’s the hope that kills you. One win in ten and only one clean sheet since February. Not doubting their professionalism, but I suspect their minds are more on flip flops and Ambre Solaire than pushing Liverpool.

If we want it, we’ll have to beat Villa.
Probably but you never know, we haven't beaten Southampton in the league this year. They can clearly turn up when they want to, whether that's this week we'll just have to see....

Not relying on their result but we showed a lot of character to come back yesterday under pressure and we should of won it in the end. On the games and not the results it's Liverpool who look like they're struggling, not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.