The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are after symbolism and narrative, here's one for you.

Of all the times we have trailed 2-0 at half time, this is the first time we have salvaged a point.

People point at liverpool's margins, we have had our own too and this point is certainly one of them, that keeps it in our own hands.

Have Southampton rang in sick for tomorrow's game or something?
Or do the media already know the result?
Everything is about Gerrard doing the Dippers a favour on the last day.
Thought the Dippers still had 2 games to play or have I missed them and they are now on 92 pts

How we feeling this morning then?

Kept flitting between point gained & two dropped all evening but as annoying as the pen miss was it's definitely a big point to have got.
I think it was a huge point for us at the end of the day and im pretty relaxed about only getting a point. Yesterday showed great character and a point leaves it totally in our hands. Defense is a big worry, but we wont face an Antonio / Bowen type attack against Villa and with a week off we are in a great position now.

If you are after symbolism and narrative, here's one for you.

Of all the times we have trailed 2-0 at half time, this is the first time we have salvaged a point.

People point at liverpool's margins, we have had our own too and this point is certainly one of them, that keeps it in our own hands.
Not the league, admittedly, but we came from 0-2 down at HT against Watford in the FA Cup in 2014 to win 4-2. Actually I remember being strangely calm at half-time thinking 'no panic - we've got this'.

Kept flitting between point gained & two dropped all evening but as annoying as the pen miss was it's definitely a big point to have got.
We have to be happy even though we should have won. 2-0 down was looking ominous so to come back and keep the 1 point ahead which we've basically had for 8 weeks barring the Spurs result is massive.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints taken to the fuckin' cleaners and the GD vanishes in one game so that a win on Sunday is the only option. Mind, our predicament is a lot easier than those poor bastards who have to go to The Emirates and might need a point!

GD is no longer in the equation. The only way it comes into play is if Liverpool beat Southampton and draw on the last day while we lose. Or draw against Southampton and we lose, while they pump wolves. All of which are unlikely combinations.

They need a basic win to stay within reach, there is no need for them to chase goals. We need a basic win to keep it out of their reach.

Point gained, 100%. If we hadn't been given a penalty, we'd be celebrating the comeback to earn a hard fought for point in a difficult game.

Liverpool were shocking at the weekend, they literally won by the skin of their teeth. They never really looked like scoring and Chelsea were poor as well. They've probably lost Salah and potentially Van Dyk this week so their options are running thin. It's a big risk for them to give players like Mane another 90 minutes given they stuck out extra time.

Let's hope that Southampton give a similar level of effort that West Ham gave at the weekend because if they do then I think they'll at least get a point.

I'd much rather be in our shoes right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.