The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didnt deserve the point against us at their place, so jury is still out on what they would deserve overall.
If they win the league this year, they're likely to get 90+ points. There's nothing lucky about that. They're a great team.

I still think we're better and that we'll win it.

Can honestly see them winning eight of their remaining nine, have to back us against them though. The problem is can we win all our remaining eight, some tough away games at Wolves and West Ham to contend with, can easily drop points in them
Very hard to get maximum points of those two games

If they win the league - it will be because they are more clinical than us. I still have hope that we will go and do it but we need to be ruthless in attack - we have missed some big chances in the games we dropped points in bar the 1st loss vs Spurs.

They're the fine margins between us and them.

Tomorrow’s CL draw is going to have a big bearing on the title race. Not just in terms of the games each team has either side of when we play Liverpool but also how the semi finals are going to potentially pan out and how significant those games could also be.
We’ll know a lot more in 24 hours about the tasks ahead than we do now.

Around Christmas we had a run of fixtures where everything seemed to go our way, including Liverpool being robbed by VAR at Spurs, and then drawing with Chelsea. We then had the red herring where the African Nations Cup didn't really disrupt their fairly easy run of fixtures.

Since then we've drawn two away games that we should have won, (but could easily have lost) and my biggest fear is that unlike 18-19 we can no longer rely on Aguero, Silva or Kompany (or even Sane from the bench) to inspire or lead by example.

However, I'm still confused by the difference between Klopp running his players into the ground and Guardiola seemingly doing the exact opposite and almost from the first kick of the season, rotating at every opportunity

I kept reading on this Forum that Mane and Salah would eventually run out of steam, but where's the evidence?

I’m afraid the title may be over…. a long way to go but feeling very down tbh. Liverpool have their fear factor back and other teams are unfortunately beaten mentally before the game. The awful draw at Southampton/Palace, the defeat against Spurs and the close call vs Everton has made us seem vulnerable and other teams are now more confident of at least nicking a point.

Last edited:
I’m afraid the title may be over…. a long way to go but feeling very down tbh. Liverpool have their fear factor back and other teams are unfortunately beaten mentally before the game. The awful draw at Southampton/Palace, the defeat against Spurs and the close call vs Everton has made us seem vulnerable and other teams are now more confident of at least nicking a point.
To be honest with you, if your team sitting top of the league with 9 to play makes you feel very down then perhaps consider knocking football on the head, or completely re-evaluate what you want out of it. I dread to think what you might do should we have an 'off' season and be competing for a CL spot. Enjoy the ride, enjoy each game and the twists and turns. Yeah we do look a bit vulnerable i'll agree but this should not make you down and certainly don't throw in the towel. I understand football supporting has further dimensions than just enjoyment but if you are down when we're top, i'd consider being away from it for a bit. this is just my piece and i dont mean anything by it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.