The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute nightmare, Typical City, scenario is them getting a draw against Soton, City fans thinking it’s all over all week and that Sunday is a party!

Come Sunday, Villa beat us by a couple (or three) and Liverpool score a hatful against Wolves at Anfield “due to the crowd being the 12th man” and scoring a last minute (93:20?!) goal, which gives them the GD advantage of +1 over us.

THAT is my nightmare!

The absolute nightmare, Typical City, scenario is them getting a draw against Soton, City fans thinking it’s all over all week and that Sunday is a party!

Come Sunday, Villa beat us by a couple (or three) and Liverpool score a hatful against Wolves at Anfield “due to the crowd being the 12th man” and scoring a last minute (93:20?!) goal, which gives them the GD advantage of +1 over us.

THAT is my nightmare!
As lescott said on the city documentary last week, if the atmosphere wasn’t upbeat it would be weird and people saying there’s nervous energy. Just another bit of bullshit

THAT is my nightmare!
Gulp

Liverpool will win tonight so we will need 3 more points.
I will then spend the rest of the week (unfortunately) convincing myself that Villa on Sunday will be as good as the 1970 Brazil team !
Not a bad comparison, although they did have a crap defence

Liverpool will win tonight so we will need 3 more points.
I will then spend the rest of the week (unfortunately) convincing myself that Villa on Sunday will be as good as the 1970 Brazil team !

That won't be hard, just stick around on this thread.

That's the thing I don't get. We are worried we will fail to beat Villa. Not because they are very good, not because we are bad, not even because they are out bogie team, but erm, because their manager and on loan substitute are former liverpool players!

I'm not taking Villa for granted. It will be a tough game, and an occasion, it is the Premier League, it should be. We have won 28 such games so far though, we know what needs done.

Last edited:
That won't be hard, just stick around on this thread.

That's the thing I don't get. We are worried we will fail to beat Villa. Not because they are very good, not because we are bad, not even because they are out bogie team, but erm, because their manager and on loan substitute are former liverpool players!

I'm not taking Villa for granted. It will be a tough game, and an occasion, it is the Premier League, it should be. We have won 28 such games so far though, we know what needs done.
No one disagrees with that, but…

If Southampton can get a miraculous win today, it would make the week much easier to get through lol
Remember the West Brom game against United, no one gave them a chance, then boom it was done, I refuse to watch the game tonight as I did then, I only turned on with 2 mins to go, so I could celebrate a repeat tonight would be brilliant.

If we had Dias and Stones back there this week I wouldn’t lose an ounce of sleep.

It’s the Fern vs. Watkins potential matchup that’s giving me anxiety.

Some good news, not that it’ll mean anything Sunday. Here is Villa vs. the top 5 this year

AT Chelsea (3-2) Loss
AT Tottenham (2-1) Loss
AT Arsenal (3-1) Loss
City (1-2) Loss
AT Pool (1-0) Loss
Chelsea (1-3) Loss
Arsenal (0-1) Loss
Tottenham (0-4) Loss
Liverpool (1-2) Loss

Average of 2.33 goals conceded per game.

Touche mate!

By that same logic, Liverpool are just as likely to lose to Wolves on the final day. All those portugese teammates of our lads and what not.
My concern is that Ings & Watkins got a blueprint on how to get in behind us from Bowen.

My dream?
I’d love nothing more than an early goal, 2-0 by HT, and a 3-0 scoreline by the 60 minute mark followed by a 30 minute party in the stands and exhibition football in glorious mid May sunshine at the Etihad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.