The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other one I once heard suggested was Sergio goes down in the area. Penalty. Mario steps up to take it with his usual nonchalance and then balloons it over the bar. And walks away with that puzzled look on his face, wondering what everyone's getting worked up about.
We do love to torture ourselves here on Bluemoon…
It's in the genes

With you. The thing that frustrates me is as good as they've been to stay with us, I don't believe they're THAT good enough to be potentially 2 wins away from the quad. It always seems like the sort of thing that happened to us v Madrid, or the saved late penalty at WHU doesn't happen to them, but not because they're the better team or because we're not good enough.

Makes you feel that if it comes down to a bit of luck on the last day, it won't be us who gets it. That's where my nerves come from, they're so scabby.

If that is the case, should it not mean our luck is bound to change then. And when it matters most.

Just the way the season has panned out
The luck they’re getting
Things that have been said Eg Pep saying about Liverpool only having 1 PL in 30 years, the sort of thing that comes back to bite
The Mahrez penalty miss
The whole Gerrard thing

You think we will fail to beat Villa because Pep said Liverpool have won one title in 30 years?

Think he means by law of averages we could be due to lose one. I mean if you told me in the next 10 seasons we’ll go down to the last day needing to win the game to win the league every season I wouldn’t say ok we’ll win it every year so. Law of averages dictate we’d have to lose one along the line somewhere.

I would agree. If we were playing the same top team in such a game each time.

Nothing much has changed. Goal difference is no longer a consideration (by the way, Liverpool did not score the nine goals that people were hallucinating about). For goal difference to come into play, we'd have to lose, and the dippers draw.
Neither is going to happen. Steady as she goes. This is not like ten years ago. The team and club were totally inexperienced at being in that position in the PL at that point. This team (and the club) have made a habit of collecting titles since then.
Let's do this, and let the party commence…

Could still go to a play-off as well you know. If we lose 6-0 and they draw 5-5. There has never been one, law of averages says it is bound to happen one day.

Could still go to a play-off as well you know. If we lose 6-0 and they draw 5-5. There has never been one, law of averages says it is bound to happen one day.

True, but if we're lucky, a meteor about the size of the one that completely changed the ecosystem on earth and wiped out the dinosaurs will plummet through the atmosphere and make a direct hit on Eastlands (or Anfield) before that happens. That too is in the law of averages. Then we won't have to worry about a football match.
;-)

We should, but till then we'll be sick all of us.... Im or feel sick, already
This same scenario happened 8 years ago when it went to the last day. Dippers and the media were pinning their hopes on Andy Carroll and Ian Nolan doing something for west ham for us to silp up.

The result? One of the most comfortable 2-0 victories I've seen. It was an absolute stroll and I fully expect the same on Sunday

This same scenario happened 8 years ago when it went to the last day. Dippers and the media were pinning their hopes on Andy Carroll and Ian Nolan doing something for west ham for us to dilp up.

The result? One of the most comfortable 2-0 victories I've seen. It was an absolute stroll and I fully expect the same on Sunday

Plus big sam had pledged to do it for Stevie G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.