The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a huge win for Arsenal. They look like a team that’s going to win the league.
They are a really good side. Very easy on the eye. They might slip up but for me they look the business this season. I’m looking forward to the cup game next week. I don’t think Arsenal will show their hand in that game and will make lots of changes but be interesting to see if the way we play is the same regardless of who is in the side.

I completely expected less than 9 points for Arsenal from their January Chelsea away, Spurs away, United home fixtures. but they did the 9 points.

Today proved we are right in it and it takes only one bad result for Arsenal to be feeling the heat.

People are too quick to throw in the towel or crown Arsenal as champions.

If the last few weeks have shown anything, it is a crap draw against Everton and robbery at United, could have seen us at least three points better off and the gap would be two.

The gap isn't, but evidences how just one bad result flips the script.

If we can win at Spurs and beat Villa, we will have a tremendous chance going in to the Arsenal game.

Today proved we are right in it and it takes only one bad result for Arsenal to be feeling the heat.

If the last few weeks have shown anything, it is a crap draw against Everton and robbery at United, could have seen us at least three points better off and the gap would be two.

If we can win at Spurs and beat Villa, we will have a tremendous chance going in to the Arsenal game.
This

They've not had a dodgy patch of form yet that's what i'm clinging onto.
They’re on for 100 points and have just came through a really tricky period and maintained their lead. I think it all comes down to our game at the Emirates. If we win there, which I can’t see happening, they may start to shit it a bit. Looking at April’s fixtures, if we’re no more than five points behind I think we’ll do it. We’ve got the at home back end of April and that could change everything. Just keep pace with them and don’t allow anymore slip ups.

Got to score at Spurs yet…

They're undoubtedly going to be hard to shift. The big unanswered question is how they perform during the run-in. Continuing to consistently pick up points against teams in the last ten games, some who are battling for their existence in the top flight and others playing for European places. All while having the pressure of a fanbase that hasn't won the league for 20 years on your shoulders. That pressure will tell on those players who haven't been there before... will it be enough to stop them? I don't know.

It took a mighty effort for us to get over that line in 2012. It's going to require a similar strength of mentality from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.