The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
On 50 points halfway into the season, having lost only one game and drawn two. 5 points clear with a game in hand.

And people are still bloody flippantly writing them off like a 4th place contender. Pep was right, the fans are complacent.

We can still win this, because there is still a lot to play for, and we get to play them twice. But, if we do it will be because we have found a way to be damn near well perfect and have really put in a hell of a run. Not because they have finally collapsed like many seem to think they will purely for taking it for granted.
We need to pick up at least 4 points home and away against them and be close to perfect from here. That simple. We need to assume they're as good as us and Liverpool have been for the last five years.

We need to pick up at least 4 points home and away against them and be close to perfect from here. That simple. We need to assume they're as good as us and Liverpool have been for the last five years.
They are as good as liverpool was in the season they won it and that's why we won't win it this season.

I don't think it will come down to our game against them at Etihad, we will have either broken ourselves or them by that stage.

Agree with much of what you say, but I think that both teams will be in the title race before our game at the Etihad, it will be a decisive game.

Even if we are 3 pts clear before the game at the Etihad, and I don't think that's going to happen, Arsenal will have a good chance to win the title if they win that game. I don't think we'll give up, either. Think we will win at Spurs and won't lose at Arsenal. Will be interesting. Let's first outplay and beat them in the FA Cup.

They are doing to us what we did to Liverpool.

Going on an unbeaten run, scoring last minute winners, and grinding out results.

Apart from a good Rashford goal, a Ramsdale mistake, it was all Arsenal. How the f*ck did the Rags beat us?

Unless we take 6 points off Arsenal, continue winning, and Arsenal slip up again, the title is over.

No I haven’t given up on the title, I’m just being honest.

There's still lots of games to play and who knows what twists and turns are round the corner.

Arsenal do look relentless right now and I suspect they will put all their eggs in the PL basket and field weakened teams next week and in the Europa league.

I'm just hoping they fade a bit in the 2nd half of the season and we capitalise. The games we play against them are looking pretty pivotal now.

We need to focus on ourselves, win our games and build momentum to put pressure on them. That's all we can do, but I'm not giving up hope just yet.

Last edited:

Going on an unbeaten run, scoring last minute winners, and grinding out results.

Apart from a good Rashford goal, a Ramsdale mistake, it was all Arsenal. How the f*ck did the Rags beat us?

Unless we take 6 points off Arsenal, continue winning, and Arsenal slip up again, the title is over.

They do have a nice run of games too. I know not all the usual big six are firing on all cylinders this season but other than our game, their next 2 hardest on paper are Brentford and Fulham in their next 9 games. They don’t then play Liverpool until 8th April.

I think we will have to beat them in Feb and I don’t think we can afford to drop more than 6/7 points now and certainly not against them.

Fucked over by the shit ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.