The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's far from over and of course we're in it.

But absolutely undeniable arsenal are clear favourites, should win it and probably will.

All we can do is apply pressure, try be no more than a two game swing away and hope for the best!

Is it a given that Arsenal will win their games before our game with them? No, it isn't. We drew games with Everton (h), Huddersfield (h) and Burnley (a) when we won 100 pts. Arsenal will drop points when people don't expect it.

Think we are going to win the title even if we don't beat them twice. The aim now is to stay in the title race. Stay in the race in February and get closer to them in March and April. If we are 2 pts off the top after the game with Arsenal in April, we'll have an excellent chance to win the league.
Correct and some common sense at last

I am dead certain they will throw EL as soon as they play their next round and if they lose in FA cup as well against us that would mean only 1 PL game per week until end of May from mid March.

last thing Arteta will want Thursday night games every week during March/April/May when he is going for the title, they dont even have the squad depth probably.

we really needed them to drop points today and last week vs Spurs away but they didnt. thank God at least Newcastle got a 0-0 at Emirates, but they still to come to Etihad and wont be easy to break them up even for us. they have the best defence this season in PL.

There's still lots of games to play and who knows what twists and turns are round the corner.

Arsenal do look relentless right now and I suspect they will put all their eggs in the PL basket and field weakened teams next week and in the Europa league.

I'm just hoping they fade a bit in the 2nd half of the season and we capitalise. The games we play against them are looking pretty pivotal now.

We need to focus on ourselves, win our games and build momentum to put pressure on them. That's all we can do, but I'm not giving up hope just yet.
I've always maintained that if they can get through the darkest depths of winter in a good position then they are the real deal. If that happens then we need to keep pace and hope they crack under the pressure come spring.

I've always maintained that if they can get through the darkest depths of winter in a good position then they are the real deal. If that happens then we need to keep pace and hope they crack under the pressure come spring.

They have difficult fixtures in April and May:

Liverpool (a)
West Ham (a)
City (a)
Chelsea (h)
Newcastle (a)
Brighton (h)

It's good they don't play Chelsea and Liverpool now when they are very average. In 3 months both teams may be better.

Also, it's not a given that they will maintain form. It's difficult to stay in top form from January to May. Pressure, fatigue, injuries, inexperience, loss of form may play a role.

Might be wrong, but I think if we are in the title race come April, we are going to win. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Arsenal are a very good side this year.. proper going to have to earn it is we want to win 3 on the bounce.. we are capable.. bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.