The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How have teams been setting up against Arsenal? Is there the chance that in the second half the season more teams will park the bus against them like they do us?

Where as to begin with teams we’re more open vs them?

They have a game in hand & 5 points on us.

They could be facing a new manager bounce and Brentford who beat us & us afterwards. Playing before us any points dropped and they'll feel the pressure.

City ........... Arsenal
........... 04/02 Everton A
05/02 spurs A
........... 11/02 Brentford H
12/02 Villa H
15/02 Arse V City

I feel we can maybe the 5 points cleared off IF we beat them and negate the game in hand by doing them in the return game.

If/when they start to wobble they'll falloff a cliff.

Last edited:
For them to win the league on that game, they'd have to move 13 points clear. If we get beat at the Emirates there's a real possibility of that happening!

Many things are possible, a lot fewer are probable. It's possible that we win the title when we play them at the Etihad, but it's highly improbable.

It's possible that Arsenal win 100 pts, but I don't think it will happen even if they play only one game per week. Still think they won't win 90 pts. Projection of form from the 1st half of the season on the 2nd half is unreliable.

Many things are possible, a lot fewer are probable. It's possible that we win the title when we play them at the Etihad, but it's highly improbable.

It's possible that Arsenal win 100 pts, but I don't think it will happen even if they play only one game per week. Still think they won't win 90 pts. Projection of form from the 1st half of the season on the 2nd half is unreliable.
Cheers.

I rather think that Arsenal are absolutely on target for 100 points this season and will win such. Even if not, 97 points plus is likely.

The title has, unfortunately sailed - it's out of our hands - even if we play better than Arsenal (which I doubt that we will) from here on in... time to focus on Champion's League and the FA Cup.

City’s max points is 99, I don’t believe we can win all our games, so will drop between 6-9 points if we play very well. So I think 90 odd points will win the league.
Arsenal’s max points is 107, so they can effectively drop 17 points and still win the league. Probably 13 wins from 19 games wins arsenal the league. They can lose against us twice and 3/4 other games and still win it I reckon.

Reckon 6/7 points the max we can drop but we have to take at least 4 points of Arsenal

Cheers.

I rather think that Arsenal are absolutely on target for 100 points this season and will win such. Even if not, 97 points plus is likely.

The title has, unfortunately sailed - it's out of our hands - even if we play better than Arsenal (which I doubt that we will) from here on in... time to focus on Champion's League and the FA Cup.
I don't think it's as easy as 'Arsenal are on target for 100 points'.

Their next 19 games are tougher than the previous 19 (Us twice, Newcastle & Liverpool away).

If they can reach 100 points in April, then they will win the league early, which might affect concentration in their last 4+ games.

They could have a fixture pileup when the Europa restarts.

I reckon they'll hit low 90s and win the league by around 10 points.

Very much all or nothing on here today!

We play them twice and then the gaps 2pts assuming they win their game in hand. Draw one whilst we win and it comes down to GD. All is still to play for.

The lack of confidence is more to do with our form than theirs. We obviously need to see a stark improvement if we're going to challenge.

Ultimately, with the points we've dropped in games we'd expect to win, we do need to beat them - ideally twice. Their current trajectory is 100pts whilst ours is 90. But assume we win both games, their PPG would take them to 90 and ours to 88. It's still on blues!

I don't think it's as easy as 'Arsenal are on target for 100 points'.

Their next 19 games are tougher than the previous 19 (Us twice, Newcastle & Liverpool away).

If they can reach 100 points in April, then they will win the league early, which might affect concentration in their last 4+ games.

They could have a fixture pileup when the Europa restarts.

I reckon they'll hit low 90s and win the league by around 10 points.
Cheers - 90+ for Arsenal for sure - but I still think that they're going to finish near 100.

My main point is that we're not at their level of performance on current form - by a long shot - and they're multiple games ahead.

People writing off City in this thread citing our poor form:

Have you not registered our comeback win vs Spurs, Pep calling out the teams complacency, the reaction from the team with our best 90 mins performance in many months and several players returning to form (Haaland, KDB, Mahrez, Grealish).

Clearly our form is improving. Stop writing City off, we havent even played Arsenal yet!

And no. Arsenal wont get 100 points. High 80s or low 90s much more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.