The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except they don't do they. Beating us twice would see them win it surely. Potentially already 8 points ahead. We need a solid run. A win at Spuds to keep building confidence. If we can do that and then win again I'd see us building momentum and possibly going on a big winning streak. We know City are capable so fingers crossed. If we can apply the pressure I can see Arse starting to feel the heat when they hit those tougher fixtures. Especially if we turn them over but we need to be old City now.

Hence why I said they will need to beat us twice.

And if they don't and also drop points at Newcastle and Liverpool, the race will still be alive.

Too many people forgetting just how intense the pressure can be when you start to pick out the supposed easier games as guaranteed points.

As you say, we just need to keep ticking the wins off, but we absolutely can't allow Arsenal to play without pressure, even if we drop more points.

Even those two dropped points at home to Everton have now made the gap look more pronounced.

City’s max points is 99, I don’t believe we can win all our games, so will drop between 6-9 points if we play very well. So I think 90 odd points will win the league.
Arsenal’s max points is 107, so they can effectively drop 17 points and still win the league. Probably 13 wins from 19 games wins arsenal the league. They can lose against us twice and 3/4 other games and still win it I reckon.

Hence why I said they will need to beat us twice.

And if they don't and also drop points at Newcastle and Liverpool, the race will still be alive.

Too many people forgetting just how intense the pressure can be when you start to pick out the supposed easier games as guaranteed points.

As you say, we just need to keep ticking the wins off, but we absolutely can't allow Arsenal to play without pressure, even if we drop more points.

Even those two dropped points at home to Everton have now made the gap look more pronounced.

The loss to Brentford, you know I can to an extend get. Complacency ahead of the world cup, on the back of a bit of a poorer run where we got away with more than we should have, against a team surprising a few playing out of their skin.

The two dropped points to Everton, fucking annoying, but, they happen. A worldie against the run of play, punished for not killing the game off, not the first or last time.

The one that fucking grates on me is the loss to Utd. Not just because it is them, but because it was there for really putting pressure on arsenal, ahead of their games against spurs and utd. Instead, they can afford to risk and gamble on winning those rather than ensuring they don't lose them. That 3rd goal yesterday, doesn't happen if we are level on points or if they don't have that gap.

I still despair at how many are just taking this arsenal side for granted. The reality is, we could win all our remaining games, including beating them twice, and still not end up champions. And on form to date, we are more likely to drop points than they are. They are favourites for a reason, and we still have people expecting them just to collapse and bottle it or whatever the billy big balls terminology of happy flower choice is. I expected them to drop points to spurs and utd btw, without even dismissing them the way some do.

Keep winning till we play them, beat them, and then maybe it gets a bit of pressure and that wobble everyone has been expecting since september finally comes. As long as we are there to actually make it count.

Agree with much of what you say, but I think that both teams will be in the title race before our game at the Etihad, it will be a decisive game.

Even if we are 3 pts clear before the game at the Etihad, and I don't think that's going to happen, Arsenal will have a good chance to win the title if they win that game. I don't think we'll give up, either. Think we will win at Spurs and won't lose at Arsenal. Will be interesting. Let's first outplay and beat them in the FA Cup.
For them to win the league on that game, they'd have to move 13 points clear. If we get beat at the Emirates there's a real possibility of that happening!

The loss to Brentford, you know I can to an extend get. Complacency ahead of the world cup, on the back of a bit of a poorer run where we got away with more than we should have, against a team surprising a few playing out of their skin.

The two dropped points to Everton, fucking annoying, but, they happen. A worldie against the run of play, punished for not killing the game off, not the first or last time.

The one that fucking grates on me is the loss to Utd. Not just because it is them, but because it was there for really putting pressure on arsenal, ahead of their games against spurs and utd. Instead, they can afford to risk and gamble on winning those rather than ensuring they don't lose them. That 3rd goal yesterday, doesn't happen if we are level on points or if they don't have that gap.

I still despair at how many are just taking this arsenal side for granted. The reality is, we could win all our remaining games, including beating them twice, and still not end up champions. And on form to date, we are more likely to drop points than they are. They are favourites for a reason, and we still have people expecting them just to collapse and bottle it or whatever the billy big balls terminology of happy flower choice is. I expected them to drop points to spurs and utd btw, without even dismissing them the way some do.

Keep winning till we play them, beat them, and then maybe it gets a bit of pressure and that wobble everyone has been expecting since september finally comes. As long as we are there to actually make it count.
We could also look at just being able to score one against one of worst Everton sides in history...poorly managed and we were at home. I believe there are a couple more of these left in us ..UNLESS we play our best team every game...soon as we start resting our best players then a midfield of Phillips and Gundy..up front Alvarez and Cole etc...we are not wining many tbf

Just seen on mcfc lads.

In 2018/19 Liverpool had 51 points at this stage of the season and we win the league.

Not over just yet. We caught that Liverpool team we can catch this arsenal team. We need to keep improving and getting points on the board.
Weirdly, and possibly more encouraging, is that Liverpool had fewer points than we did at this stage of last season and finished with over 90 points.

If they could do it, so can we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.