The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself as frustrating as today has been, I would've taken a draw against Arsenal the other night and that would've kept us 3 behind, so being 2 behind isn't too bad.

It's just annoying as fuck that we can't string wins together, the league is there for the taking but we still can't win more than 3 in a row.

I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself as frustrating as today has been, I would've taken a draw against Arsenal the other night and that would've kept us 3 behind, so being 2 behind isn't too bad.

It's just annoying as fuck that we can't string wins together, the league is there for the taking but we still can't win more than 3 in a row.
Don't worry we will go on a long winning run soon

On another day we bag 6 or 7 today it didn't happen. Still more than happy being 2 points behind on the home turn
Yeah I can’t really disagree with that. There’s a long way to go and if we’re anything like the team we were in the last two seasons we’re perfectly capable of overhauling a 2 point deficit.

But are we anything like that marvellous back to back team ?

Yeah I can’t really disagree with that. There’s a long way to go and if we’re anything like the team we were in the last two seasons we’re perfectly capable of overhauling a 2 point deficit.

But are we anything like that marvellous back to back team ?
Its a 5 point deficit most likely.

I'd also say that I'm as worried about United as I am Arsenal
Arsenal still have to come to us and go to Newcastle and Liverpool. We're at home to the remaining teams from the "top 7" if you like.
Not that it'll matter if we keep dropping points to shit like Forest and Everton!

United are under the radar though and have played ourselves and Arsenal twice.

Could have been a great day at one point, but ended up below average, that’s a title race for yer, Arsenal won’t lie down, but neither will we, have to say the CL may be a distraction too far (hope not) we have form for tossing off points before those games, but I don’t think this result was that. Just one of those days, we really have to not over react in these situations, and get back on it, we’ve got 14 games left & probably need to win 10-11 of them, Arsenal’s run of fixtures looks kind but at this stage anything can happen

We have to be so careful we don’t let those horrible rag fuckers in by the back door. The more points we drop the more likely it is that a pretty average team can win the title with a very achievable points total. 78 or 80 might do it
To be fair we have been average this season. Take the first two games out when they lost both, they have more points per game than us from that point onwards. Both average. Arsenal look like they are going to struggle to get over the line though. They should be out of sight now really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.