The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe we're finishing third. I also have a horrible feeling that it may just be Utd who win it :-(
I have been thinking this for some time now, making me sick. We might end up in a bun fight with spuds, and the Geordies for top 4. Can def see a lot more points dropped. A lot s down to players seemingly bored of hard work and discipline. Bernie for one, so gifted but wants a stroll in the sun and not having to be so disciplined. Cancello was even more of a sulky so he went. Understandable as 7 years with a very demanding boss is draining, perhaps cycles of 3 / 4 years per team with Pep would be better solution...

We have to play them both at home. If we don’t beat them on our home patch when desperately needing the points, then that speaks to the season and maybe we don’t deserve it.

Our problem never seems to be Top 6 teams, but bottom half teams who play 4-5-1/5-4-1 counterattacking football and City not taking their chances.

View attachment 69732

Those statistics do not turn into a 1-1 result for ANY TEAM other than City!
Ridiculous aren’t they

Been anticipating a run all season tbh. Thought Wed night was lift off but alas, no. Still think this title is all about what we do, but quite possibly we're not far off the point where there is very little margin for error.
Utd have so much momentum , they will have a big say. I think we could easily lose 3 more draw 3 as well, that's 15 more pts dropped. not unfeasible in my book

For fucks sake, yes it's tough, yes we are not very consistent and yes we do not appear to have a left back But we are favourites for all 3 trophies we can still win. These are the days we should be cherishing. Let's not allow a fear of losing stop us from enjoying the battle. Bring it on!

I have been thinking this for some time now, making me sick. We might end up in a bun fight with spuds, and the Geordies for top 4. Can def see a lot more points dropped. A lot s down to players seemingly bored of hard work and discipline. Bernie for one, so gifted but wants a stroll in the sun and not having to be so disciplined. Cancello was even more of a sulky so he went. Understandable as 7 years with a very demanding boss is draining, perhaps cycles of 3 / 4 years per team with Pep would be better solution...
I can see a fair few players wanting out in the summer and a rebuild on our hands, next season could very well be a transition season.

I hope so, possibly Foden going, Bernie, Haaland (early), Laporte, for a start
I wouldn't go that far lol , don't think we will let all them go. Be in a battle for a Europa league spot if all them fuck off. Bernado and laporte I could see leaving though. Also could struggle with replacing them with the current PL embargo going on as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.