The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is the gap is more than six..and beating them away..on our form...seems a bit too much for us this year,. I think they will get 4 points from us...also they don't look like falling away at all..going for jugular on Sunday at 2;2 v top three side... also..we will drop a shed more, Arsenal will have to fall off the cliff
Hopefully I am wrong but it would be a more dramatic fall than Liverpool's with all things considered
How do you feel NOW? I've always said this whole season we'll win the league again. I wasn't even worried when Arsenal were 11 points clear (albeit we had a game in hand)- I just knew they'd start falling away.

Liverpool are unpredictable this season, but they've won their last two and maybe look to be improving, I think they can finish top 4 if they really push on and get results. Top 6 at the least. Arsenal will end up finishing 3rd behind us and United. You heard it here first.

There are always twists and turns on the way to any title save for that amazing 18/19 run in but the clue that pretty much always shows which is the best team is goal difference.

So on that basis it’s us or arsenal. And that’s fine with me, if Arsenal pip us to the post I’ll be disappointed but you can’t win it every year. I’ll say well done Arsenal and I’ll be unbelievably thankful that it isn’t the rags or the dippers

In one way this could be our best title win yet if we can pull it off. In Guardiola’s six full years we’ve been brilliant for four of them and never even really in contention for the other two.

It’s been obvious since pretty early on that this wasn’t going to be a vintage City season. We all kept hoping things would suddenly click and we’d go on a mad 10/12/14 game winning run but I think it’s pretty clear that’s highly unlikely to happen now.

If we are going to win it, we’re going to need to keep bouncing back from disappointments. Hopefully only the occasional one from here on in.

There was a danger that Arsenal were just going to be able to freeroll to the title, without any pressure. So at least we’ve avoided that for now and they know they’re in a fight and we’re in touching distance.

I’m sure Arsenal will drop more points on multiple occasions. Let’s just hope we can do enough to take advantage.

If we can stumble to a title in a year where we’re far from our best, it could well be the best achievement yet for me, in a weird kind of way.

I agree . Amazingly we are still favourites for the title . Our midfield is shot to shit and pep is using sentiment when picking certain players

People keep saying this. Favourites how, according to who? The bookies? are we really measuring it on punters betting now, fuck me that's a desperate reach.

On
How do you feel NOW? I've always said this whole season we'll win the league again. I wasn't even worried when Arsenal were 11 points clear (albeit we had a game in hand)- I just knew they'd start falling away.

Liverpool are unpredictable this season, but they've won their last two and maybe look to be improving, I think they can finish top 4 if they really push on and get results. Top 6 at the least. Arsenal will end up finishing 3rd behind us and United. You heard it here first.
e very grateful for three points there. They looked average, we looked a step ahead. Us v Forest very unlucky BUT Haaland missed a real sitter there. Trying too hard maybe? Basically though we are no where near the level we were. We look quite fragile mentally. All these spitting their dummy out players seem to have wore down Pep (our greatest ever Manager - genial Joe included). So as to my post and your question - I feel better for winning at Arsenal but pretty much still think we will drop a shed load of points. Even more so when Pep chucks in the league for chumps league success - which sadly I think will be a real struggle (us v Liverpool over two legs will probably be required!! i don't think we will have enough tbf - HOPE I'm wrong)

In one way this could be our best title win yet if we can pull it off. In Guardiola’s six full years we’ve been brilliant for four of them and never even really in contention for the other two.

It’s been obvious since pretty early on that this wasn’t going to be a vintage City season. We all kept hoping things would suddenly click and we’d go on a mad 10/12/14 game winning run but I think it’s pretty clear that’s highly unlikely to happen now.

If we are going to win it, we’re going to need to keep bouncing back from disappointments. Hopefully only the occasional one from here on in.

There was a danger that Arsenal were just going to be able to freeroll to the title, without any pressure. So at least we’ve avoided that for now and they know they’re in a fight and we’re in touching distance.

I’m sure Arsenal will drop more points on multiple occasions. Let’s just hope we can do enough to take advantage.

If we can stumble to a title in a year where we’re far from our best, it could well be the best achievement yet for me, in a weird kind of way.
IF we win it - miracle year - i think Utd will have a say sadly

Great name by the way - Best chant we ever had. I do think Bernie and Laporte will go, no surprises there. But surprise package could be a part ex for Mbappe with Foden and Ederson. I think Pep thinks Foden is hard work - its harder tbh. One gifted player but really hasn't been a commanding force if we look objectively. My fave player when he's on it as his touch is sublime (bit like Mahrez) I could watch players who have great first touch all afternoon best part of the game for me when a player like Foden just weights a fist touch into space past a defender or takes one out of the sky. BUT I think the whole living round the corner from the family thing is probably not the best for his development - mentally so for the sake of his career AND good of City I would be suggesting a part ex with PSG 100%

Great name by the way - Best chant we ever had. I do think Bernie and Laporte will go, no surprises there. But surprise package could be a part ex for Mbappe with Foden and Ederson. I think Pep thinks Foden is hard work - its harder tbh. One gifted player but really hasn't been a commanding force if we look objectively. My fave player when he's on it as his touch is sublime (bit like Mahrez) I could watch players who have great first touch all afternoon best part of the game for me when a player like Foden just weights a fist touch into space past a defender or takes one out of the sky. BUT I think the whole living round the corner from the family thing is probably not the best for his development - mentally so for the sake of his career AND good of City I would be suggesting a part ex with PSG 100%
More chance of me sleeping with Taylor Swift than Mbappe joining City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.