The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to win all that's left to be honest. We're capable ,whether we will is another matter .
In all honesty we played better yesterday than we have in a while and should have won confortably.
Some of the missed chances were mind boggling.
This team has the ability to play really well for the rest of the season. Unfortunately it also has the ability to shoot its self in the foot. Really frustrating but that is the reality.

It's a strange season. As you say we can't defend properly, can't kill games off and absolutely definitely can't hold onto a slim lead. Even at 3-0 against Villa with a bit more luck they could have got a draw. Our ball retention has gone to rat shit too. I remember when we put it in the fridge at the swamp they just couldn't get the ball.
Ha right, can't put the ball in the oven, can't put it in the fridge. It's all a bit a room temperature. I keep seeing flashes and moments of something very good (yesterday more than ever actually), but it's just not quite clicking.

Pre-WC our W-D-L score in 14 games was 71.4%-14.3%-14.3%.
Post-WC the same score from 10 games is 60%-20%-20%.
Pre-WC the string of results was 2W-D-2W-D-3W-L-3W-L
Post-WC the same string was W-D-W-L-2W-L-2W-D
Our only consistency is inconsistency and the weird matching result-pattern pre and post WC.
This takes us to 80-84 points at the end of the season which probably won't be enough even for the second place.
Whichever set of stats are taken into consideration, they relentlessly work against us.

yes, unless there is significant improvement in form and results we aint winning this league. Arsenal currently easily can say they can drop a few more points as City will do as well and they are not wrong.

they lost to Everton, were maybe scared we capitalize and what we do? Lose to Spurs away with not even testing Lloris who went to Leicester next round and conceded 4.

they beat Villa in a lucky manner last minute after struggling earlier the game, how do we react? by missing everything vs a rubbish Forest who had third of their squad out injured.

we either put together a 4-5-6 game winning run starting from Bournemouth or this will be a sad season with a lot lesser squad winning it (Arsenal) or even worse the fucking rags with Ten Hag's first ever PL season will do it.

what really worries me is the away games left:
Brighton, Palace, Soton, Brentford, Everton. they can all hurt us and can be the 1 shot = 1 goal masterclass for them. actually Brighton is different, they can even dominate us and have multiple chances the way they made other big teams suffer already few times but the rest can sit back, park the bus, have 1-2 shots of all game and score.
and that is assuming we aint making fuck ups at Bournemouth and at Fulham.

I'm actually more confident after yesterday.

Why?

We battered them. We dominated possession. 9/10 times we easily win that game.

We haven't been playing well this season. But yesterday we did play well, and you can see it's starting to come together. We will push them to the end.

I'm actually more confident after yesterday.

Why?

We battered them. We dominated possession. 9/10 times we easily win that game.

We haven't been playing well this season. But yesterday we did play well, and you can see it's starting to come together. We will push them to the end.
Generally speaking I do think we have been playing pretty well since Peps call to action post Tottenham. I just don’t know if we can put it all together to win the league

Pre-WC our W-D-L score in 14 games was 71.4%-14.3%-14.3%.
Post-WC the same score from 10 games is 60%-20%-20%.
Pre-WC the string of results was 2W-D-2W-D-3W-L-3W-L
Post-WC the same string was W-D-W-L-2W-L-2W-D
Our only consistency is inconsistency and the weird matching result-pattern pre and post WC.
This takes us to 80-84 points at the end of the season which probably won't be enough even for the second place.
Whichever set of stats are taken into consideration, they relentlessly work against us.

City's longest winning run in the Premier League this season is three matches.

Something just isn't clicking this season.

But c'mon City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.