The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
City win the league then, we can only win it from ere & Arsenal can only lose it given there two points clear with a game in hand, you are Baba Vanga & I’ll claim my futuristic 5 credits

Haha, will take that if it means winning the title. I had a go at it with my 3 from 3 'it's about time' attempts. There's another one in there somewhere.

All this talk of “out of our hands” is a bit silly when there’s over a third of the season left. People are getting so giddy about Arsenal.

Only our 2019 team, arguably the best English side ever, and a peak Wenger star laden Arsenal team in 2002 have ever put together a sequence of wins to win the title in such a way that a small points advantage in February really did render the situation out of their rival’s hands.

Many points will be dropped in the run in and it won’t be out of our hands or theirs until it’s mathematically impossible.

We can't say either till the end then. Or we can say both, which we did.

At this point though, they still have a two game cushion when we could have made it one game. But we didn't.
Two game cushion? You can't possibly include our home game against them as a cushion.

Edit: Ahh, 2 points and a game in hand?

Two game cushion? You can't possibly include our home game against them as a cushion.
Right. If they rock up to our place with a five point advantage still in place and take points off us with five games to go then they'll be worthy champions. But until they do that I'm counting a 2 point cushion and if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be doing the same. But it's a slim, slim lead with 14 games left.

All this talk of “out of our hands” is a bit silly when there’s over a third of the season left. People are getting so giddy about Arsenal.

Only our 2019 team, arguably the best English side ever, and a peak Wenger star laden Arsenal team in 2002 have ever put together a sequence of wins to win the title in such a way that a small points advantage in February really did render the situation out of their rival’s hands.

Many points will be dropped in the run in and it won’t be out of our hands or theirs until it’s mathematically impossible.
Agree with all of the above completely

Its a weird one for me. My typical city me says we just aren't at the races this season and I don't think we'll put together enough of a run to seal it. However, my head is actually expecting we'll be champions come end of season based on we have been here and done it when expected to under Pep.

next 5 PL games:
Newcastle h
Palace a
WHU h
Pool h
Soton a

two absolute bogey teams away, real test for Pep & team to go to these away grounds and get a win.
Newcastle and Pool, we could not beat them away from home, actually was 3-1 down to Newcastle saving it to 3-3.
while Pool away, we shit the bed as usual plus awful mistake from Cancelo.
WHU is rubbish this season, we should rip them apart at home normally.

can we do 13-15 points from these? anything less and Arsenal imo will widen the gap which already will be 5 points Wednesday night.

we do need both Arse and Manure to suffer on Thursday night , get injuries, fatigue in EL and go few more rounds possibly as favourites like next round vs Sporting/Betis...
do have a feeling Arteta will throw it do first time vs Sporting and field a rotated side, would not blame him, given a probably 5 points lead with 12 or so games to go...

I'm not sure you understand what out of our hands means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.