The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. If they rock up to our place with a five point advantage still in place and take points off us with five games to go then they'll be worthy champions. But until they do that I'm counting a 2 point cushion and if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be doing the same. But it's a slim, slim lead with 14 games left.

I'm counting them 12 points behind, but that means fuck all when the reality is they are effectively 5 points ahead.

I'm counting them 12 points behind, but that means fuck all when the reality is they are effectively 5 points ahead.
They are 2:points ahead, they aren’t effectively anymore ahead unless you can see the future, could be 5 , 3 or 2.

Wouldn’t it be magical to lift another title by winning the last 14 games?
It certainly would be, but we don’t look like a team that will win 14 on the bounce this season. Winning four on the bounce would be a good achievement for this team, the most we’ve managed so far is three.

next 5 PL games:
Newcastle h
Palace a
WHU h
Pool h
Soton a

two absolute bogey teams away, real test for Pep & team to go to these away grounds and get a win.
Newcastle and Pool, we could not beat them away from home, actually was 3-1 down to Newcastle saving it to 3-3.
while Pool away, we shit the bed as usual plus awful mistake from Cancelo.
WHU is rubbish this season, we should rip them apart at home normally.

can we do 13-15 points from these? anything less and Arsenal imo will widen the gap which already will be 5 points Wednesday night.

we do need both Arse and Manure to suffer on Thursday night , get injuries, fatigue in EL and go few more rounds possibly as favourites like next round vs Sporting/Betis...
do have a feeling Arteta will throw it do first time vs Sporting and field a rotated side, would not blame him, given a probably 5 points lead with 12 or so games to go...
Why do people always say Southampton and Palace are bogey teams away from home on here?

In our last 6 PL visits to Palace we’ve: W4 D2 L0
In our last 6 PL visits to Southampton we’ve: W4 D1 L1.

They are 2:points ahead, they aren’t effectively anymore ahead unless you can see the future, could be 5 , 3 or 2.

Oh well done you.

They are effectively 5 points ahead. Debate the language all you want, assume what you want, but while they have a game in hand, calling it 2 points ahead is just being selective, and wrong.

Oh well done you.

They are effectively 5 points ahead. Debate the language all you want, assume what you want, but while they have a game in hand, calling it 2 points ahead is both wrong and stupid.
in the same way we were effectively top of the league before the Forest game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.