The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

The midfield should have been changed to incorporate the runners and fighters. It was bypassed all game.
Wgen we all saw it happenig say after 20 mins def needed changing. Villa werent good enough to expose the tactical advantage really.

Also imagine a scenario where say KDB gets unfairly sent off in the final v Brazil...(meeja pressure for Brazil to win) suffers depression.. not unfathomable..Foden misses a sitter in quarters becomes English scape goat goes into his shell... terrible injury group stage to one our key CH's ..all could happen to any team but we have more key players = more chance. Unlucky, yes but WC could be a disaster or could be great for us. Who knows?

It's possible, football is a funny old game. But such a scenario is not probable. Why think about bad scenarios? Even if one of them happens, shit happens, we move on.

It's possible, football is a funny old game. But such a scenario is not probable. Why think about bad scenarios? Even if one of them happens, shit happens, we move on.
Because scenarios are part of planning and managing expectations..all this talk of..we are in line for x amount of points etc. Tbis season no targets, just game by game will be a better way forward

This is true every season, but especially true this season: any team that can put a run of 10 back to back games will almost certainly win the league. Spurs, Arsenal and United all look better this season, Liverpool a bit under cooked (but wouldn't surprise me if they bounce back) and Chelsea about par (but really hard to tell). Leicester and West Ham, teams I'd over the past year or two consider in and around the Europa places, look off it as well. So 10 back to back looks tricky without being impossible. I think we'll know where we are at on Saturday.

With the current congested schedule for this year I believe all teams will drop points. I don't see us or any team getting 85+ points. I think we are looking at the low 80s to win the league

We could get to Boxing Day when the Prem starts up again and have half a squad for the Christmas period for all we know. This cunting World Cup is a pain in the arse, not looking forward to it or it’s aftermath one bit.

I did vote for 90-94 at the start of the season but as the WC gets closer it starts to feel bigger in terms of impact it’s going to have.

Maybe it’ll be a points total like the Covid season when we won it with 86 points?

We’re a point better off than the corresponding fixtures last season (minus four from Newcastle and Villa away, plus five from Palace home and Hammers away)
We will remain so even if we once again contrive to defeat ourselves v Spurs on Saturday. Any positive result makes us 2-4pts better off

Our Formation after the WC:

Rico Haaland Haaland Wilson
Haaland
Haaland Haaland Haaland
Mahrez Haaland Palmer

Looks like we'll be in battle with a new challenger this season, probably Spurs or Arsenal.

Most likely nobody will be that close to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.