The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking this has been a generally amicable tile race in a long time for both of us? Like I dont mind if we dont win the title and you guys do. It seems like you also dont mind Arsenal winning from what I see here.

There doesnt seem to be any hostility compared to your title races against UTD/LIVERPOOL. We're both just acknowledging that whoever wins the league was probably the best team in the season. (Reposting here for visibility).
It's the least stressful one I've had in a few years. I wanted with every ounce of my soul to stop Liverpool, sometimes as much as I wanted to win them, partly because I know loads of the fuckers who are the absolute worst type of Liverpool fans and partly for how they behave in the games themselves. Arsenal have a few bellends among their online support, but I only know one Arsenal fan, he's a good lad, and I won't begrude him the success and I don't think you've ever caused us much trouble home and away. Don't think we'll ever be selling you a leftback ever again, though, and consider that payment for all the players we had off you back in the 2010s.

It's the least stressful one I've had in a few years. I wanted with every ounce of my soul to stop Liverpool, sometimes as much as I wanted to win them, partly because I know loads of the fuckers who are the absolute worst type of Liverpool fans and partly for how they behave in the games themselves. Arsenal have a few bellends among their online support, but I only know one Arsenal fan, he's a good lad, and I won't begrude him the success and I don't think you've ever caused us much trouble home and away. Don't think we'll ever be selling you a leftback ever again, though, and consider that payment for all the players we had off you back in the 2010s.
Haha if we win the title then I'll glady accept Zin/Jesus as payment for previous players. Even better if we win the EL this season.

Haha if we win the title then I'll glady accept Zin/Jesus as payment for previous players. Even better if we win the EL this season.
I think some of this will depend on whether you're battling with us next season and the season after. The intensity of the Liverpool rivalry sort of emerged out of the close run-in in 2014 and then again when they bottled the bus in the CL semis. The fact the clubs don't like each other at a boardroom level, and that Pep and Klopp have a bit of an edge to them, also added fuel to the fire. I think Pep and Arteta will always keep it a bit more amiable, and the links between the two sets of players, but who knows if it will bubble over in the next few years.

I still believe — more than before in fact — that we'll still be in with a shout on 26 April, and that that will be an absolute key game. From what I've seen, we're playing better, more solidly, than at any point in the season. August was the Erling Håland Show. That was great, and fun and everything, but it was a bit unbalanced.
Phil and Jack's return to form has a lot to do with the way we're playing now, as does Rúben's presence. A bit worried about Ed, who looks even more nonchalant than he normally does, if anything. If we're lucky, they'll drop two more points than us between now and then, and then that match will look rather like the April 2012 one against United. The atmosphere will be incredible.
If they win it, fair dos. They will, I think, be worthy champions. If we win it, and go top on goal difference, I don't think we'll slip up after that.
Come on City! You've done it before. You can do it again.

I still believe — more than before in fact — that we'll still be in with a shout on 26 April, and that that will be an absolute key game. From what I've seen, we're playing better, more solidly, than at any point in the season. August was the Erling Håland Show. That was great, and fun and everything, but it was a bit unbalanced.
Phil and Jack's return to form has a lot to do with the way we're playing now, as does Rúben's presence. A bit worried about Ed, who looks even more nonchalant than he normally does, if anything. If we're lucky, they'll drop two more points than us between now and then, and then that match will look rather like the April 2012 one against United. The atmosphere will be incredible.
If they win it, fair dos. They will, I think, be worthy champions. If we win it, and go top on goal difference, I don't think we'll slip up after that.
Come on City! You've done it before. You can do it again.
rick-and-morty-morty.gif

If we do lose the title then i would be pleased for Arteta , Zinchenko and Jesus , but in reality i cannot envisage the Goons handling the pressure , they are a young side with no experience of a title run-in , the return game at the Etihad i believe will end their challenge , we also have the slightly easier run-in.
If the Goons can avoid injury to their important players , it will be tight and to be fair who wants to see a procession to another title , although we could do without some of the last day drama , it really isnt good for the old ticker :)
The media piss boiling and the Premier league squirming if we win another title whilst under investigation is also very amusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.