The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could win three trophies or none at all this season, if the Board sack Pep in the latter Scenario, they are idiots. Main thing is we are in the mix every season for all the main trophies. Liverpool, Chelsea etc might have had occasional success over the last few years, but no club has had more domestic success than City. Whatever happens to the squad and management, the club is being run in the right way, if we get sanctions, it will be for historical reasons, but only because the rules were designed to punish us for doing the same as others before us. Now we see Chelsea and Newcastle going crazy, doing what we did and more, and nobody is complaining.

It's the least stressful one I've had in a few years. I wanted with every ounce of my soul to stop Liverpool, sometimes as much as I wanted to win them, partly because I know loads of the fuckers who are the absolute worst type of Liverpool fans and partly for how they behave in the games themselves. Arsenal have a few bellends among their online support, but I only know one Arsenal fan, he's a good lad, and I won't begrude him the success and I don't think you've ever caused us much trouble home and away. Don't think we'll ever be selling you a leftback ever again, though, and consider that payment for all the players we had off you back in the 2010s.
Spot on about the dippers. I lead a happy life but when we were two down to Villa my mind was trying to lead me down some pretty dark corridors. The injustice of those glorified kick and rush merchants potentially winning the title and thus having a reasonable claim to have shared dominance with us over the last 5 years was unspeakably awful.

If Arsenal win it this year I’ll be disappointed but when the dust settles as long as we’ve finished above the rags for a tenth season on the bounce I’ll be pretty happy all in all.

If Arsenal win it this year I’ll be disappointed but when the dust settles as long as we’ve finished above the rags for a tenth season on the bounce I’ll be pretty happy all in all.
Interestingly, all the aforementioned Liverpool fans are desperate for Arsenal not to win it because it will equal their success. Don't know how prevalent that will be among them more generally, but given Arteta already has an FA Cup win if they do get over the line he'll have basically matched Klopp's domestic achievements with a younger team in half the time playing a version of Pep ball.

We could win three trophies or none at all this season, if the Board sack Pep in the latter Scenario, they are idiots. Main thing is we are in the mix every season for all the main trophies. Liverpool, Chelsea etc might have had occasional success over the last few years, but no club has had more domestic success than City. Whatever happens to the squad and management, the club is being run in the right way, if we get sanctions, it will be for historical reasons, but only because the rules were designed to punish us for doing the same as others before us. Now we see Chelsea and Newcastle going crazy, doing what we did and more, and nobody is complaining.
There has never been any suggestion pep would get sacked.
I don't think pep would get sacked if we finished bottom of the league.

60 points with 13 to go. With the Europa League and pressure I think they'll get, at worse, 86pts. 8 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses.

On 55pts that means for us 10 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.

Already looks a challenge when written down based on form so far.

We have to be in a position to go above them, or within a couple of points when we play them at home. The final 5 for both teams look very tough.

The games after that for both sides will be definitive.

City's final 5 games (depending on FA Cup)
Fulham (a)
Leeds (h)
Everton (a)
Chelsea (h)
Brentford (a)

Arsenal's final 5
Chelsea (h)
Newcastle (a)
Brighton (h)
Forest (a)
Wolves (h)
I wouldn’t say there’s much difference in difficulty for both us in those last five games. They will beat Chelsea as will City, but I’m looking Newcastle and Brighton for them to drop points. Fulham, Everton and Brentford all away looks very tricky. Hopefully none of them have anything to play for. Everton in their second to last home game of the season would be hostile.

I wouldn’t say there’s much difference in difficulty for both us in those last five games. They will beat Chelsea as will City, but I’m looking Newcastle and Brighton for them to drop points. Fulham, Everton and Brentford all away looks very tricky. Hopefully none of them have anything to play for. Everton in their second to last home game of the season would be hostile.

The majority of pundits appear to be of the view that we are having a poor to average season so far , possibly by Pep's ridiculously high standards there is some truth in this , we know we are not hitting the heights of previous years.
It would be amusing if we do win the Champs league and subsequent World Club Bullshit trophy, we could be the worst, best team in the world ever seen :)

The majority of pundits appear to be of the view that we are having a poor to average season so far , possibly by Pep's ridiculously high standards there is some truth in this , we know we are not hitting the heights of previous years.
It would be amusing if we do win the Champs league and subsequent World Club Bullshit trophy, we could be the worst, best team in the world ever seen :)

It’s March and it feels like Pep is still searching for a way to play and a balance to the team. Cancelo spitting his dummy out has caused some disharmony in the dressing room hasn’t helped. United’s best at the moment is our worse, we solve the issues and click they won’t be able to get near us.

the irony is these pundits are saying where having a poor season and those teams who are having their best season are still around us. Says a lot about our levels and in my opinion if we hit those levels in future season i dont think anyone except maybe the dippers come close

It’s March and it feels like Pep is still searching for a way to play and a balance to the team. Cancelo spitting his dummy out has caused some disharmony in the dressing room hasn’t helped. United’s best at the moment is our worse, we solve the issues and click they won’t be able to get near us.
Really valid point our worst and yet the Rags best still isnt good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.