The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That last sentence is like saying all games are equal, which just isn't true. They have a much more favourable run in, where we have a few top clubs still to play and to visit some grounds where you could say we've recently had mixed fortunes.

If we had their run in, I wouldn't put it past us winning every game (bar obviously Spurs away where we can't score for shit). Ours and Arsenal's fixtures look much trickier on paper.

That is somewhat balanced (and more) by them having to make up 9 points on us (6 if they win their game in hand) and 14 (11?) on arsenal. That's a lot of work for them to do just that and would take them going on the lengthy run I've just mentioned AND us to drop points most likely from the fixtures I've just mentioned.

I know it's an old cliché but we've became good during run ins to taking it one game at a time. Best Palace away this weekend and it's one banana skin fixture off the list, here's hoping.

You have to remember their GD is awful though so it’s more like +7 on us and +12 on Arsenal after the game in hand.

I can’t see them being perfect in their last 13 games, even if they had a great run and dropped points in only one or two games that’s 14-18 points Arsenal would have to drop, basically losing half their remaining games. They could draw 7 out of 12 and only drop 14.

The Rags might catch us because all it would take is a freak run of 2-3 games which is in the realm of statistical possibility. They are not catching Arsenal though.

That last sentence is like saying all games are equal, which just isn't true. They have a much more favourable run in, where we have a few top clubs still to play and to visit some grounds where you could say we've recently had mixed fortunes.

If we had their run in, I wouldn't put it past us winning every game (bar obviously Spurs away where we can't score for shit). Ours and Arsenal's fixtures look much trickier on paper.

That is somewhat balanced (and more) by them having to make up 9 points on us (6 if they win their game in hand) and 14 (11?) on arsenal. That's a lot of work for them to do just that and would take them going on the lengthy run I've just mentioned AND us to drop points most likely from the fixtures I've just mentioned.

I know it's an old cliché but we've became good during run ins to taking it one game at a time. Best Palace away this weekend and it's one banana skin fixture off the list, here's hoping.
We shouldn't be looking down if we want to win the title. Don't worry about those bastards, they'll orchestrate their own downfall. If Spurs had have won (big if) they'd still be in a top 4 battle. They might still be. They've had a good run, just like they used to when Ole was at the wheel. Then comes a more realistic level from them and they sink again. Another false dawn.

We've got the toughest fixtures to go, but if we don't catch Arsenal no one is. There are plenty of twists and turns to come. Arsenal won't go all out for the Europa League but I still reckon Arteta will want to win it, that's his nature. Pep would do the same. He'll rest some, give others game time but you never know how that will impact them. They're looking good, but the last 5 games for both teams once we've played each other, are tough and anything could happen. Arsenal are still more than capable of losing 3 in a row and capitulating. We just need to be the City of old to profit if they do.

Agree with that and it's sandwiched between 2 games against Sporting and Arsenal are hardly tearing up trees at the moment but Palace and Leeds should be nailed on for them.
TBF there are quite a few games we could easily lose or draw for the remaining...Third of a season !!! we are only 2/3 in people forget this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.