The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rags have a very favourable run in. Yes, I seen them yesterday, but I wouldn't put it past them stringing another long run of wins together. Think they have Newcastle away which will be difficult but I'd gladly swap their run in for ours and I'm sure Arsenal fans would say the same.

They've a bit of catching up to do but with us still having the scousers and arsenal at home as well as Brighton away there's a few real banana skins. Southampton, Brentford and palace away too won't be easy at all.

Still a three horse race imo. We need to put a run together now.

Agree with that and it's sandwiched between 2 games against Sporting and Arsenal are hardly tearing up trees at the moment but Palace and Leeds should be nailed on for them.
More than likely although Palace might do us a favour and squeak a 0-0, old club curse and all that with Vieira.

The rags have a very favourable run in. Yes, I seen them yesterday, but I wouldn't put it past them stringing another long run of wins together. Think they have Newcastle away which will be difficult but I'd gladly swap their run in for ours and I'm sure Arsenal fans would say the same.

They've a bit of catching up to do but with us still having the scousers and arsenal at home as well as Brighton away there's a few real banana skins. Southampton, Brentford and palace away too won't be easy at all.

The supposed 3rd horse fell at the first hurdle yesterday. If city can’t catch Arsenal then United have no chance. Hoof Ball will only get you so far. The collapse against Liverpool is not a sign of champions. Any game in the league is potentially a banana skin.

Last edited:

Not worried about United at all. Even if they win their game in hand that’s still 6 points behind us. With the goal difference as well we’d have to lose at least 3 of our last 12 for them to overtake. That just won’t happen.

The supposed 3 horse fell at the first hurdle yesterday. If city can’t catch Arsenal then United have no chance. Hoof Ball will only get you so far. The collapse against Liverpool is not a sign of champions. Any game in the league is potentially a banana skin.

That last sentence is like saying all games are equal, which just isn't true. They have a much more favourable run in, where we have a few top clubs still to play and to visit some grounds where you could say we've recently had mixed fortunes.

If we had their run in, I wouldn't put it past us winning every game (bar obviously Spurs away where we can't score for shit). Ours and Arsenal's fixtures look much trickier on paper.

That is somewhat balanced (and more) by them having to make up 9 points on us (6 if they win their game in hand) and 14 (11?) on arsenal. That's a lot of work for them to do just that and would take them going on the lengthy run I've just mentioned AND us to drop points most likely from the fixtures I've just mentioned.

I know it's an old cliché but we've became good during run ins to taking it one game at a time. Best Palace away this weekend and it's one banana skin fixture off the list, here's hoping.

Not worried about United at all. Even if they win their game in hand that’s still 6 points behind us. With the goal difference as well we’d have to lose at least 3 of our last 12 for them to overtake. That just won’t happen.

Drop points in 3 rather than lose 3. Like I say it's a tall order, but I'm not as confident to completely count them out just yet.

Arsenal's next 3:
Fulham (A)
Palace (H)
Leeds (H)

Arsenal's next 7 after that:
Liverpool (A)
West Ham (A)
Southampton (H)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)
Brighton (H)

Somehow I get the feeling it won't be their next 3 that are league defining, although we do need to beat Liverpool (H) in that time.

Jesus set to return for them, so he will certainly give them more energy and big game nous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.