The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding this title challenge more enjoyable than previous ones because:

As smug and entitled as some Arsenal fans are they are not in Liverpools league.

We are outsiders as it is Arsenals to lose so pressure is off.

We’ve won it so many times recently and we are still in 2 cup competitions.

Come on City.

This is my own ranking system of the games left:
View attachment 71069

Of course a lot of the games we perceive to be easier could be sandwiched between European and FA Cup games and some of these teams will be fighting for their lives.

View attachment 71071

I do think the result against Newcastle yesterday was huge. Liverpool on the 1st April looks league defining for us, we could do with a favour from Fulham, West Ham or Palace or our heads may go if we don't beat Liverpool.

Easiest way to judge the run in is to say; would you swap our fixtures for theirs?

I wouldn't. Liverpool (A), Newcastle (A) and your title rival (A). That'll be brutal for them.

Posted last week, 1 orange game out of the way, Arsenal's to come tomorrow:
Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 20.46.25.png
Apologies West Ham (A) for Arsenal should be the 16th May, will correct it when I get the chance.

I do think away games at Everton and Southampton won't be easy but I'm just relatively comparing. In fact a lot of the games marked in green will be a lot harder given the time of the season they're being played.

I do think we need Arsenal to win on Thursday to keep them playing Thursday, Sunday and keep them distracted:
Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 20.46.45.png

They play twice before we play Liverpool, it would be nice if we weren't 8 behind (with a game in hand) going into that game. FiveThirtyEight have them between a 6/10 and 7/10 to win in their next 2 games.
Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 20.53.22.png Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 20.53.34.png

Have us slightly less to beat the scousers:
Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 20.53.41.png

Grealish,Foden,Haaland and Alvarez all missed very good chances. The most important thing in title races is clean sheets. Arsenal are conceding a lot more recently and that’s gonna catch up to them. Stay solid at the back and I’m more than confident we’ll do enough to grab goals. First win of a big week. Onto the next two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.