The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of glad we don't have to worry about the title for a few weeks now.

If we come back from the international break less than 8 points behind I'll be happy.

I’m seeing a lot of terrible takes on Twitter (blues) that we won’t win the league because of the way we’re playing.

I’ve been critical this season when it’s been tepid but recently we’ve been dominating games and creating chances - last night could’ve been 3/4-0 with the chances we missed. They didn’t have a shot on target.

We’ve got Dias bossing it at the back, Rodri being imperious in midfield and (one of) the best finisher in world football up front. The spine is solid as a rock and all 3 have elite mentalities to push us over the line, regardless of how we play.

I’m assuming it’s because we’re not scoring 4 goals a game that people think we’d be limping over the line. Arsenal are playing brilliantly and would be miles ahead of every other team in the league (rags in 3rd lost 7-0 last week!) because of their inconsistencies.

I can guarantee Arsenal will lose their bottle and we’ll be champions. We’ve got a team full of players used to this scenario and they’ve got 2 - Jesus and Zinchenko. You can see from their manager it’s all too emotional whereas for us it’s business as usual. As soon as things don’t go their way that’s it and that will only elevate the nearer to the end we get.

I think today is key. They need to drop points today for me for us to win it.

Not too sure about that..

They still have to play Chelsea at home and us, Liverpool and Newcastle away.

The above 3 away games all against decent teams who will have something to play for.

They also have a tricky home game against Brighton to play too.

Whereas we have to play Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea at home and have tricky away games at Fulham, Brentford and Brighton to navigate.

It's a bit of a free hit for us today, they should win but they have been creaking a bit lately, relying on yet another last gasp winner to keep their noses in front.

The longer the game goes today without them being ahead, it will crank up the pressure on them.

Even if they're 1 up and dominating it's still not over as we've seen from our result at Forest.

If they don't get a result today I can see them start to slowly unravel.

I fkin hope so anyway..!

Posted last week, 1 orange game out of the way, Arsenal's to come tomorrow:
View attachment 71796

I do think away games at Everton and Southampton won't be easy but I'm just relatively comparing. In fact a lot of the games marked in green will be a lot harder given the time of the season they're being played.

I do think we need Arsenal to win on Thursday to keep them playing Thursday, Sunday and keep them distracted:
View attachment 71797

They play twice before we play Liverpool, it would be nice if we weren't 8 behind (with a game in hand) going into that game. FiveThirtyEight have them between a 6/10 and 7/10 to win in their next 2 games.
View attachment 71802 View attachment 71801

Have us slightly less to beat the scousers:
View attachment 71800
Results directly versus Arsenal and both teams against Liverpool, Chelsea and Brighton will decide the title.
Bookies have it at 1/1, asked the wife this morning if we could put £500 on Arsenal but she ain’t keen, I was thinking if we lose out at least we will be financially compensated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.